Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Warranty due to expire, anything I should look for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Lightbulb Warranty due to expire, anything I should look for?

Mrs intheblitz and I own a '07 Furano 2.0D and the warranty runs out in March. Anything, other than the tyres!! (oh the tyres!! ) that we should look out for before the warranty runs out. Mrs ITB loves it, and we don't do many miles, 8-10k a year, it's not my cup of tea but if it keeps the wife quiet, it's well worth it!

Any recalls that the lovely Mazda UK have "forgot" to tell us about or any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:18 PM

Rear shock absorbers perhaps? Mine lasted only 17000 miles.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 AM

Check these out you should be able to contact Mazda with you vin to see if they apply
https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...hes/search.asp

You could get a MOT done before the warranty expiry date, this should check most of the safety features?

Last edited by Sally; 02-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:14 AM

Guess what!!! It's just had an MOT and failed on leaking rear shocks. What a piece of ****e!!! It had a full service at Mazda's on Monday, an MOT on Friday and one if the shocks is pi55ing out!!

After getting angry at the dealer they are replacing the shocks on Monday giving us a loan car, and a free MOT.

Mazda 5's; a lovely car badly built & put together. Such a shame.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:05 AM

Glad you have had a bit of good, but disappointing about the Mazda Dealers performance when servicing your car.
Had a similar problem with the Mazda Dealer in Taunton. They did every thing I asked for but I believe they did not perform within the spirit of the Mazda Z-Z+ used car scheme. I will not use them again as I do not trust them to do a good and thorough job.

(Guess what!!! It's just had an MOT and failed on leaking rear shocks. What a piece of ****e!!! It had a full service at Mazda's on Monday, an MOT on Friday and one if the shocks is pi55ing out!!

After getting angry at the dealer they are replacing the shocks on Monday giving us a loan car, and a free MOT.

Mazda 5's; a lovely car badly built & put together. Such a shame. )