Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Tyre wear on UK Mazda5

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 AM
Default RE: UK 2008 Mazda 5 Sport - Tyre Wear ??

Hi

Took it to the dealers who said it was normal to expect "feathering across the edges" and tread depth was ok across the tyre! I said the 1st cm of the NSF inside edge was bald!!!.[:@]

Its now booked in with them for a tracking/alignment check in 2 weeks.

None of the independant places nearby would check the tracking as they say its too new a model for them to have the data - it has to go to the dealer.

Hopefully it is just the tracking.

Can you post you picture a big bigger please if poss ?? Thanks

Old 11-21-2008, 08:28 AM

How have you done you picture as I am struggling.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 AM

When you reply, at the bottom it says "click here to upload" but 1st you need to tick the "embed picture in post" box next to it.

Once you click you just navigate to the picture on you PC and it uploads it (Max 500kb)

Old 11-25-2008, 02:12 PM

Can't get it to work keeps saying the file is too large even when I compress it to less than 200kb

but looking at your tyre wear it's just not right, mine have now done more than 9100 miles with no wear issues at all.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:49 AM

Jun 07 Mazda5 Furano 2.0D

All tyres replaced by Mazda at 16k miles. Alignment corrected and rear shock replaced under warranty. All completed in Jan 08.

Re inspected 26 Nov 08, both front tyres are bald on outer edge (only 6k miles use).Magna Mazda (Salisbury) suggest geometric alignmant and tracking adjustment along with 2 new tyres.I am responsible for the full costs as it is not a known fault. Realignment and replacement tyre costs £300+. I spoke to MMUK and that is their final answer. Also had another rear shock replaced under warranty.

TodayI have had 2 independent garages check the tracking and alignment. All was within the Mazda guidelines. Have been informed that there clearly lies an issue that is the manufacturers problem to slove. This is a warranty issue for Mazda as their fix to the rear tyres is not working correctly. Also informed that the tyres are standard rubber and not reinforced as all other MPVs are. The old Mazda MPV tyres were also reinforced, the MAZDA5 is not!!!

Will be calling my dealer (Magna) and MMUK on Monday to discuss the issue further.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:40 PM

Sounds very familiar.

See the main thread to find fellow frustrated owners:

https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_34231/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Best of luck.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:11 PM

Just short of 10,000 miles still no signficant tyre wear. These tyres look good for 30-40K.

Also noted the fuel economy has improved to now the engine is worn in

Old 12-09-2008, 07:28 AM

Dealer has now checked the alignment. Unfortunately said there was no print out for before & after even though I asked for one !!

Service manager mentioned about the problem with tyres on earlier models and a tech bulletin had been issued with some minor adjustements to camber - said they made some minor changes and car should be fine now !![sm=insomnia.gif]We will see.

When I got home noticed that the rear seats had been moved all the way forward and that the parcel shelf cover had been put back in upside down (!)

Any ideas what they can adjust from in the boot ???????

Old 12-09-2008, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: wrxseeker

Dealer has now checked the alignment. Unfortunately said there was no print out for before & after even though I asked for one !!

Service manager mentioned about the problem with tyres on earlier models and a tech bulletin had been issued with some minor adjustements to camber - said they made some minor changes and car should be fine now !![sm=insomnia.gif]We will see.

When I got home noticed that the rear seats had been moved all the way forward and that the parcel shelf cover had been put back in upside down (!)

Any ideas what they can adjust from in the boot ???????
Probably looking for loose change, these car peeps are really hard up

Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 AM

Forgot to add - all of the pre 2008 model sports in the dealers (2 in service, 2 2nd hand) had continental tyres fitted to them all round not dunlops.

Quick Reply: Tyre wear on UK Mazda5