Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Triple Whammy

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Default Triple Whammy

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. My car is with the dealer at the moment. Few clicks on Google and and I have found few felow sufferers. Can I ask for some advice?

I have a Mazda 5 Sport purchased in April 06 and the current mileage is 25000. I must confess that I like this car!

The problems are
1. At the first service , I mentioned the squeaking / grating noise on reversing in a 3 point turn... I was told that this is a common problem with the power steering and was asked to grin and bear it[:@]. Now looking at this website I am sure that it is not ...

2.Twomonths ago there was a noise coming from the passenger side front tire. Fortunately I was within half a mile of my home. A chunk of the tyre was hanging loose on the inside edge. We called the Mazda assistance and we were told off by the rescue lorry driverfor drivinga car in such a condition. He refused to give any further assistance. To make a long story short, I arrnged to change all tyres in our village( mostly worn on the inside front > rear) next day morning

3. Last week on my way home noticed loud noise from near the engine. Called the Mazda assistace . I was told that the oil level was high and this may be causing the problem. The car was taken to the garage.. Apparently it is a structural fault with the engine which they found after dismantling. They are trying to source a new engine!

What irritates me is that I am driving a courtesy car with a £2500 excess if I have an accident. I would like to know my legal stand on this ... are they dutybound to give you a like for like replacement if thr car is kept for a long period? I tried to tranfer my insurance but was told that the coutesy car ( Ford Mondeo ) is a different insurance class and it will cost me at least £75 for 10 days. I am sure that three car seats will not fit in the back seat of a ford mondeo or in my wifes car ( subaru impreza). Any idea how long will it take to source an engine?

Old 08-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Default RE: Triple Whammy

Sorry to hear about your woes....
Hope that you have had some news since posting....

I would ring Jon Smith at MMUK. His phone number is on the tyre wear thread several times (towards the end of the thread.
Speak to him and find out what MMUK are going to do.
I would also speak with your localconsumer advice centre.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The wheels in MMUK moved faster after I sent an email to them. I gotthe car back four days ago with a new engine. The loud noise on slow three point reverse is sorted. The tracking has been checked and is fine. I was informed that MMUK will get in touch with me about the tyres. There is no reply about that yet. I will post here when that is addressed

Old 08-15-2007, 06:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Mazdarookie

. The loud noise on slow three point reverse is sorted.
Aha, so have they admitted that it was actually making the noise then? I've had my car back to the dealer for exactly the same problem and of course the car refused to make the noise at the garage, and the dealer says they've never heard of it.
I'd be interested to know if they acknowledged that your car was making these noises, and have actually repaired something to fix it.

Cheers
Dave.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:28 PM

They did acknowledge that there was a problem. It was due to a problem in the steering column. They changed a bolt + bush..... There is no noise now.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the info, I will try to get mine looked at again.
Dave.