Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Remote Control and Problems with Rear Doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Default Remote Control and Problems with Rear Doors

I have recently received my Mazda 5 back from recall, and during that time had a remote control installed on the car. The remote is Mazda Approved and covered by the warranty. Three times in the past week however, I have started the car with the remote, and then unlocked the doors using the regular buttons on the key. When the rear doors were opened, they would not reclose, and it took over fifteen minutes to work on them, finally putting the car in park, turning off the car, and then and only then could I close the doors.

I get the feeling that there is a cross between the buttons on the key, and the remote, and can only attribute this problem to that. If anyone else has had such a problem, please please, let me know. I love the car, and know that Mazda is very concerned about keeping their clients happy, so am not about to criticize the car nor the maker. I am just very curious if anyone else has had such an experience.

thank you
Phil Forand
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Old 01-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Default RE: Remote Control and Problems with Rear Doors

Update on the Remote Control and the Problems with the Rear Doors not closing. The problem is with the grease that was placed in the locking devices from the factory. Apparently the grease is far to heavy for cold weather and causes the mechanisms to not respond in cold weather. When one presses the remote control for locking or unlocking, the reaction of the locking devices is to slow due to the grease, causing the doors not to function properly. You can get them open however they will not close properly all the time and the locking mechanisms are frozen as it were in place simply by the grease. Once the grease is removed and changed for a lighter type for Canadian weather, the problem goes away.

Great little vehicle and hope that it continues to please.