Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Post of Mazda 5 AUX installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Default Mazda 5 Aux installation

HI guys

This is what i found for the Mazda OEM radio and using the port on the underside as mentioned above. Click on the link and you see what i meanhttp://documents.victorytechnologies.com//documents/product/9385.pdf.

In realtion to a ground loop isolator Maplin do one for a tenner which seems to have good reviews about it.

btimberintampa I have too taken the stereo out and had a look i do have some photos but i have no spare ports available on the rear so if it is not the 6 cd changer then it must be the sat nav input then....

Old 12-10-2009, 03:10 PM

Does anyone know if this adapter (GROM adapter ) can be used with the sirius sat input on the HU or only with the CD changer?. Mine is a 2009 Mazda 5 and is sirius sat ready. I don't plan to have a sirius radio, but would like to connect my mp3 player to this socket.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by lara
Does anyone know if this adapter (GROM adapter ) can be used with the sirius sat input on the HU or only with the CD changer?. Mine is a 2009 Mazda 5 and is sirius sat ready. I don't plan to have a sirius radio, but would like to connect my mp3 player to this socket.
I also have an '09. The GROM ipod adapter can only connect in one way. It is connected as a CD changer. So you press the CD button once to play the CD in the slot or press it again to access the iPod. However, the odd (and disappointing) part is that it disables the factory auxiliary input. I have no idea why since that is a separate button on the radio altogether, but that button no longer works once the GROM iPod adapter is installed.

I do have a sirius radio, by the way, but it is a standalone unit and I'm using the plug-in FM modulator for it. Sounds fine. I was hoping I could have had it plugged into the AUX, though.