Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Post of Mazda 5 AUX installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Default Post of Mazda 5 AUX installation

Hi

I've installed an AUX-adapter, and given the fact I didn't find a walkthrough with pictures, I took some pictures myself.

Pics are on https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/members/betawax-23810-albums-mazda-5-aux-connection-134/

Interesting links:
http://www.gromaudio.com/store/all-maz.html
http://www.car-hightech.de/ (i bought mine here)
http://www.carlinkdirect.com/Install...tallation.html (much info on the clips)

Rgrds
Betawax

Last edited by betawax; 09-12-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM

I'd love to see those picts as I want to use my 2006 OEM AUX button for XM inno direct. I'm not sure how to add picks to original post but there is a Insert Image button here in the quick reply screen. Thanks, btimberintampa.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by btimberintampa
I'd love to see those picts as I want to use my 2006 OEM AUX button for XM inno direct. I'm not sure how to add picks to original post but there is a Insert Image button here in the quick reply screen. Thanks, btimberintampa.
Explain: OEM AUX button for XM inno direct. I don't really get it.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:10 AM

Hey Betawax, thanks for the pictures. I would like to be able to plug my Pioneer Inno portable XM radio/mp3 player directly into the factory 5 radio and select it with the AUX switch. I think that the Grom Mazda 02+ Auxiliary interface should do the job nicely. Thanks again.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:40 PM

Well; I must say that the iPod connection i have does the job very nice, but it's a combined iPod/AUX with me, and I must say that the aux-connector gives something like a 'hum' with my iPod on the aux-connected. So indeed better take the GROM-system.

But you don't use the aux-switch, you have to use the CD-switch, because it 'tricks' the radio in believing it's a CD-changer that's in the back.

The only hard part for installation is to remove the center, you constantly have the feeling that it's gonna break. Not so, just locate the plugs, use a flat screwdriver to loosen it up a bit and off you go. I had some doubts, but I'm very happy I did this!

Old 09-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Cool Post of Mazda 5 AUX installation

Hi Guys

Read your thread and yes i agree that it is a straight foward connection to the rear of a oem stereo, unless you have a 6 cd changer which uses that port connection. Also of you have the oem sat nav as well even more complicated. There is American companies that use the port on the underside, as the design is a modular system and a tape deck or hard drive can be added.

you can access the Ipod or aux feeds via this port and use the media button on the stereo. I have spent many hours looking at the above problem as i have the 6 cd changer ad sat nav. Syflex is a outfit that makes a circuit board to access the rear but last i saw they were having problems with getting the circuit boards.

Anyone come up with a solution? All i want is to run a aux feed in so that the dvd player can play through the speakers like it says in the book. However there appears to be no way to do it other than using a fm modulator.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:18 PM

This is the first thing i hear from the port on the bottom side. Of course it would be neat to use the media button instead of the cd-button, but apart from the aux-mod i really haven't found anything that connects to that port.

I don't have sat nav or 6CDchanger because, in this time of cheap tomtoms and iPods, i think these are too expensive to buy. So no experience on that.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:12 AM

Hi Guys, I spent last Sunday with my dash apart installing the GROM aux. interface to my OEM radio. I just press CD once for my 6-CD changer and press CD again for whatever is plugged-in to the interface. Let me say it works great for my portable XM or any Player with a 3.5mm plug. It can also be ordered with an iPod plug. For $60 USD it's the best deal I could find that works w/no hum or noise: http://www.gromaudio.com/store/aux_a...m-aux-maz.html

I actually have the 6-CD Changer in the dash so lucky the plug was open and fit perfectly. Judge I did see the ?-pin connector on the bottom of the unit but not sure if it could be used in any way. Another option is the Audiovox FMM-100 from installer.com: http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=FMM-100
It connects in-line between the radio and antenna, so it's not an FM modulator (which usually sound crappy) and it has RCA inputs, might be worth a try for $60.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:26 AM

Nice to hear euhm read I would have taken the Grom also, because it seems a better alternative than what i have, but I had to pay 40 bucks to get it shipped over here. So Germany was a cheaper alternative.

I have an iPod interface which works seamlessly, but the 3,5 audio gives a low noise. I've read something about the insulator (or isolator?), but I still have to find out where exactly and what exactly i have to do...

Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM

Sorry to hear about the 3.5mm hum problem. Maybe you could try something like the Scosche Ground Loop Isolator ES034...Now if I could only find a cheap Mazda NAV update DVD and a way to disable the nav lock-out while driving, I'd be a happy camper! (Right up there with world peace and free health care, HA!)

Quick Reply: Post of Mazda 5 AUX installation