Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Default NEED HELP!!!

The A/C in my 5 just doesnt cool the car quick enough, does anybody have the same problem. It takes at least 20 minutes for the car to cool down enough so that my 7 month old isnt sweating his butt off. I do not have dual climate control (didnt have one on the lot when we bought the car) does any body have suggestion as to how i can make it blow colder air or get air to the back ot the car faster. Im thinking about buying a car fan to plug into the rear power outlet to blow air on the little guy, but im worried that if we were to get into an accident or slam on the brakes it would come loose and hit him. NEED HELP!

Old 08-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Default RE: NEED HELP!!!

Try turning it to recirculate and put the blower on 3 not 4. I have the same problem (my daughter is 5 months old! =)

I think when you have it on 4 it's just moving too fast. so the air doesnt cool down enough.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 AM

My wife just added that we close the side vents so only the middle 2 blow, this makes them blow VERY hard.

We have also just gotten in the habit of starting the car, and running the AC while we strap her in. seems to help a bit too.

I had a 3000GT VR4 with auto climate control and one thing I noticed was that even in a car that small, it would be hotter or colder in the back than the front (sometimes a lot) so the CC would run forever sometimes.

The 5 is WAY to big to not have rear vents. I think this is a major flaw in the car and is the reason we opted NOT to get the Auto CC.

Hope these tips help you too.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the help. I went and bought a small fan and mounted it in the cup holder behind his seat, it is tall enough to reach over the seat back and is working great. If you do the same be sure the fan secured well so it doesnt come loose under hard breaking.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:30 PM

Do you have tinted windows.? We have all our windows tinted and it stays pretty cool inside

Old 08-30-2006, 03:04 PM

I tinted my windows but its been at least 95 to 105 degrees here in louisiana. So i went and had a remote starter installed. 300$ for the kit and 170$ to install at the dealer. I love it and so does my wife and son.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:25 PM

Hey AWM506 --

I haven't tried it myself but there's a possible solution to your problem posted on MPVClub.com's Mazda 5 forum,
*here*.

In short, the poster concluded that some of the AC lines run too close to the exhaust manifold, reducing AC performance. For $2 he wrapped the lines in insulation. The thread doesn't indicate how much improvement he found, but presumably he would not have gone to the trouble of posting if it didn't work. Best of luck.

Dave

Old 09-14-2006, 03:38 PM

If you have a sunroof, leave it in the tilt open position.