Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda5 2.0 sport- do i buy one

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Default RE: Mazda5 2.0 sport- do i buy one

Here in the UK the following wheels are fitted to trim :-

TS 195/65 R15 with 6.0JJ steel wheels with wheelcovers

TS2 205/55 R16 with 6.5JJ aluminium wheels

Sport 205/50 R17 with 6.5JJ aluminium wheels

You are correct in saying two different sizes of brake discs (rotor in USA?) are fitted, 15" and 16". Ifyou checkyourspare tyre the size T115/70 D15 is with 15" brake discs and T125/70 D16 is with 16" brake discs. I will check what is fitted to my TS2 and get back to you.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM

Had my geometry checked today and only front toe was changed; no camber adjustments. Sounds right as we didn't have particularly uneven wear.
There was a 5 TS in the showroon which looked really nice with the beige/brown interior. The steel wheels don't look great in the showroom but seem rather more attractive to Sport owners! The TS really is a lot of car for the money.
Anyone have offset figures for the 5 wheels (or those from other Mazda models - I assume PCD is the same for all)?
I changed to Goodyear Excellence tyres in an attempt to reduce road noise. There is very little difference in noise but the ride is marginally better. Will try the new Dunlops next time around as the dealer seems pretty competitive on price (for a main dealer at least).

Terry, I didn't understand the bike/dark windows comment. Do you mean that a biker can't see through the vehicle or that it restricts the driver's view? I ride too but had not noticed the problem.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 PM

I mean that it reduces the drivers view out (probably not by much but if it was enough to take me out I'd be a touch miffed). At this time of year any reduction in light transmittance is dodgy in my book.

To be honest I reckon my very dark green "2" would look really good with tints !

Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 AM

Remember though its just the rear sides/back windows that are tinted on the Sport not the front sides (although I am thinking of getting ours done as it will look better & cut down glare maybe making it easier to spot a bike - there is a reduction at night though - no doubt)

Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Hi,

going slightly off the subject, police around here are having a purge on cars with windows forward of the B pillar that are tinted. They have a gizmo that measures the level of tint (%age) and then book you if it is too high, though they have had some advisory clinics, too, so check the regs first!

Dave

Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 AM

I am a 2.0TD Sport owner and I don't seem to have the tyre wear problem, I have now got 15months and 13000miles and no issues with uneven tyre wear.

I do get the steering noise after a slow speed full lock maneuver and the fuel computer is so bad as to be worthless (currently testing the adjustments identified on this forum but I think that is only going to help the distance to go indication).

So far I am happy although I have found servicing expensive in comparison to my previous cars (petrol hondas).

Old 11-12-2007, 05:37 AM

Looks like member nick2b has made my mind up:

Update from me guys, and GREAT NEWS.
The heap of rubbish loosely termed a car that the Mazda5 is, is no more.
Traded in for a shocking £10k, a depreciation of nearly 50% in 18 months.
I can honestly say that this is the worst car I have ever owned (and bearing in mind I used to change my cars every 3 months, that is a lot).
I finally got sicking of lying customer services and uncaring incompetant dealers.
At the point of trade-in, and around 10 returns to the dealers the car still hasd the following problems:
screeching lock to lock
front tyre wear
noisy sliding doors
sticking reverse gear shift
steering vibration under breaking
pinking noise under acceleration
But none of these I need worry about anymore. Needless to say I will never buy a Mazda again, I will never go near a Mazda showroom again and I will tell everyone I come across to do the same.
Well done Mazda, you carry on spending your millions on advertising, but you need to start to understand that 1 dissatisfied customer is far has a far more damaging effect.
Anyway, onwards and upwards, at least the new Nissan Pathfinder doesn't have a great deal to beat, I just pity the next owner of my 5, especially when the warrant expires!
Good luck guys, it is a pity our collective didn't really achieve much. Keep up the fight!

lookslike its going to be aZafira after all
http://www.trade-sales.co.uk/vehicle...aspx?ID=146242

shameI really faniced the Mazda5, but nobody has really convinced me otherwise

thanks anyway
wozmaz

[hr]

Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 PM

Don't let the postings of one person put you off a car like that. I'm sure you could find twice as many Zafira owners withcomplaints. I have had none of the problems mentioned above in 21k miles. The tyre wear is something to watch out for so go for the TS2 if it really concerns you or make sure that a Sport comes with the latest Dunlops from new.
Think about how you will use the rear row of seats, you have to move the whole rearbench forward to access the back row in the Vauxhall - not easy if you have bulky child seats in the middle row. In the Mazda you can move each seat individually or let kids walk through the middle; all of this through a wide opening sliding door. Think about doing that in the Vauxhall in a tight car park where you can't open the doors fully.
The Mazda is not perfect but there is nothing to touch it in this market segment for flexibilty and ease of use.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: SimonD

Don't let the postings of one person put you off a car like that. I'm sure you could find twice as many Zafira owners withcomplaints. I have had none of the problems mentioned above in 21k miles. The tyre wear is something to watch out for so go for the TS2 if it really concerns you or make sure that a Sport comes with the latest Dunlops from new.
Think about how you will use the rear row of seats, you have to move the whole rearbench forward to access the back row in the Vauxhall - not easy if you have bulky child seats in the middle row. In the Mazda you can move each seat individually or let kids walk through the middle; all of this through a wide opening sliding door. Think about doing that in the Vauxhall in a tight car park where you can't open the doors fully.
The Mazda is not perfect but there is nothing to touch it in this market segment for flexibilty and ease of use.
Here Here & it looks a lot better inside & out than a Zafira (esp the Sport)

Old 12-05-2007, 07:58 AM

To answer one of your original questions (if it's not too late) my daughter's 16" bike (with training wheels) easily fits upright in the back of our 2006 Mazda 5.