Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 Sport Standard Spec ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Default Mazda 5 Sport Standard Spec ?

Hi there,
I have hust brought a mazda5 2.0Sport (o7) uk spec. The spec on the internet points towards it having rain sensing wipers and auto headlights as standard. I have rung Mazda and they say this is correct.
Does any one else have this model with these options as standard ?/

Cheers

Old 05-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Default RE: Mazda 5 Sport Standard Spec ?

AD,

I thought that these were only standard on the Furano, but that was at the back end of last year so the spec may have changed.

I assume that your car doesn't have them then?

All the best
Rob

Old 05-15-2007, 04:44 PM

You're absolutely right, I've just checked out the spec on the UK Mazda site and it does say automatic lights + wipers on the Sport. I wonder when that was introduced?

I got my Sport last September (56 reg), and it certainly doesn't sport (pun intended) those features. I've just dug out the brochure I got from the dealer back in September '05 and the spec in thatdoesn't mention them.

I'm very disappointed with the windscren wipers. My previous car was a base-model Espace, and the wiper logic was great. When you came to a complete stop, the wipers would drop down to the next lower state :- fast to slow, slow to intermittant, or intermittant to off, and then (obviously) go back to their previous state when you set off again - clever eh? And whenever the front wipers were on, if you put the car into reverse the rear wiper would give one quick wipe just to make sure the rear screen was clear. I thought they weregreat features. One thing that didn't surprise me on the Espace was that if you switched the engine off with the wipers on, they would auto park at the right place - something the Mazda wipers seem incapable of. How much would the electronics have cost to incorporate that feature? less than a quid a car I expect.

Oh well, that's my rant over.

It would sound like your new 07 car is not to the latest Spec. (I'm assuming your post is implying that you DON'T have these features either)

Dave.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:43 AM

When i purchased my sport in 05 it did say even thenit had auto wipers and lights but because mine didnt have them on at the time of purchase i thought this was an extra you added on . Lets see what the new mazda 5 looks like when its had its second face lift which i have been informed of by mazda will be happening next year!!
they told me this as i was on about getting rid of my 05 plate because of the tyre problem and i presume they wanted me to get a new 5 but i would rather burn my money than ever buy another lemon( ooops i mean mazda 5))

Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 AM

Hi Again,
Your correct mine doesn't have these so I approaced the dealer who gave me the mazda number to ring, rung them; 'yes' this is the spec it should have. Went back to the dealer who says none of the others have this and then says to me 'don't know what you can do'(so much for cistomer service, surely he should be chasing this)So I ring mazda again who check the spec and are due to ring me back tomorrow with an answer.
Now, the brochure on the internet is dated Oct06 so it not new, and according to that andMazdai t should have this.
The chap at Mazda did say that the dealers should order the parts and fit them, but they just tried to fob me off.
If this is the spec this is what should be on it surely ??

Cheers

P.s i'll let you know the outcome tomorrow

Ad4m

Old 05-16-2007, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Maz05da

When i purchased my sport in 05 it did say even thenit had auto wipers and lights
Are you sure? My brochure is dated September 2005 and the specification has no mention of these features.

Adam, I reckon you will have a good case for having these retro-fitted if the October 06 brochure lists them as standard on the Sport. I look forward to reading your next posting.

Dave

Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 AM

No one rang back from Mazda (what a surprise) , Have rung again and opened a case number up, they are going to contact the dealers now and we'll see what happens from there ??

Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 PM

Old 06-06-2007, 06:15 AM

Got no where with this issue, mazda claim this was the spec when sold which is B*******t why have the spec dated from Oct 06 then when Ipurchased in May 07 ??
Anyway I can't be bothered anymore with it I guess I'll just have to turn my wipers and light on manually and not be so lazy
Can't say I was that impressed with mazda over this, still like the car though (well , so far anyway)

Old 06-06-2007, 03:52 PM

i got my first mazda 5 in august last year there was no auto wipers or lights . i did pull them up on there notbeing a bag to replace the midde seat which was in the spec . i wrote my mazda off in october 2006 the replacement car does have auto wipers and lights .i asked the dealer when this was introduced and he told me it had only just came into standard spec on the sport in october