Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 furano grinding noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Default Mazda 5 furano grinding noise

Hi I'm having an issue with my Mazda grinding. It only happens after setting off when the cars cooled down a bit, it doesn't seem to happen twice in one trip. I get a grind that I can feel vibrating through the accelerator pedal today it was louder when I was turning a hard right as I set off. It doesn't matter what gear I'm in either, first or second it will still happen after about 20 yards. The air con doesn't work so I'm not sure if it could be related to a failed pump or something as when I took it to be re-gassed they said it was faulty. I just hope it's not gearbox related as I couldn't afford a big job like that. Any ideas anyone?

Old 08-02-2017, 05:33 PM

Hi,

I've just bought a 5 2L petrol and it does exactly the same! usually when I'm in second gear pulling away, you can feel it through the accelerator pedal and hear a grinding sound, only seems to happen once to me. A/C isn't pumping out ice cold but doing something so I'm going to get it re-gassed in next fortnight hopefully, saw these vids that might help you?

seems to be the noise?

This guys had a look at his spinning if that helps.

I did an oil change today and noticed the AC compressor looked a bit oily, car was 2L short of oil when I bought it and in panic I glugged some oil in and pretty sure some went down the back, possibly into the AC compressor. will try and clean up, see if that solves it.

Last edited by Nigesbyl; 08-02-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nigesbyl
Hi,

I've just bought a 5 2L petrol and it does exactly the same! usually when I'm in second gear pulling away, you can feel it through the accelerator pedal and hear a grinding sound, only seems to happen once to me. A/C isn't pumping out ice cold but doing something so I'm going to get it re-gassed in next fortnight hopefully, saw these vids that might help you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwUbF1cqgoc
seems to be the noise?

This guys had a look at his spinning if that helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RChyBo6aAXU

I did an oil change today and noticed the AC compressor looked a bit oily, car was @L short of oil when I bought it and in panic I glugged some oil in and pretty sure some went down the back, possibly into the AC compressor. will try and clean up, see if that solves it.
That is the noise I think. Mine only does it once, normally, during a drive. It did do it a second time today when I took a speed bump a little too fast. That seems promising that is not gear box related so that's a plus! Thanks for the reply please let me know if a clean up fixes it for you