Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

DPF Problems Mazda5

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 AM

spenno, good to hear it was just the service warning. Perhaps I'm being paranoid now (or taken in by the marketing) but I'm only using Shell VPower diesel which burns cleaner. No more supermarket fuel for my Mazda.

I'll have to get a quote for my 6 year service which is coming up, but I'm convinced it was around £700.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:13 AM

Just got the quote for the 6 year service from a main dealer in Southampton and it's £756. Quite a hefty bill, but they do change a lot on top of the usual service items: cambelt, fuel filter, air filter, and brake fluid. I'll have to get quotes from independent garages to compare.

I'm not convinced it's worth selling just because of this expensive service, for someone who's had the car since new, likes it, and knows its history.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by iainso
Just got the quote for the 6 year service from a main dealer in Southampton and it's £756. Quite a hefty bill, but they do change a lot on top of the usual service items: cambelt, fuel filter, air filter, and brake fluid. I'll have to get quotes from independent garages to compare.

I'm not convinced it's worth selling just because of this expensive service, for someone who's had the car since new, likes it, and knows its history.

It could be if it was the double I was quoted. You might want to consider the water pump as well, they often get changed. There should also be cabin filter, and an injector clean, which all I have ever seen happen elsewhere is injector cleaner in the tank.

Good price though, if I was closer, I'd be booking it in.
You are right though, doing it means you know the history, and at least it would be another 6 years without major money spent, as the first was the other expensive one.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Default 75000 mile service cost

Hi all,
My 75000 mile service at a Mazda dealer cost a total of £1135. This included £158 for the timing belt tensioner. I was told this needs doing in about 90% of cases. Also I needed a rear shock absorber doing which cost £68. Cabin filter was about £15. Labour was £350.

Rhodri.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rhodri
Hi all,
My 75000 mile service at a Mazda dealer cost a total of £1135. This included £158 for the timing belt tensioner. I was told this needs doing in about 90% of cases. Also I needed a rear shock absorber doing which cost £68. Cabin filter was about £15. Labour was £350.

Rhodri.
Think they might have meant the water pump.
The tensioner will always be changed, it comes as part of the kit. The water pump however, that's a gamble. Mines OK and not been changed, but that's because time and facilities meant I was pushed to do it. If it goes, the whole job will need doing again.
However, £158 for either the tensioner or the pump is highway robbery. start at £30 and dearest you would pay getting it yourself is about £60 for either part.

I still think it's far too much for the service they do, and I hope they replaced both shocks, I wouldn't go near a garage that only replaced one side.
The plus side is, you'll probably never need it doing again.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Sid

Hi Dpf light came on after a 80m drive on motorway, then the engine management light as well, tried a manual regen of booting it up the motorway but had none of it, got home & just tried the wire to the pin method, started car & swiched on wire pressed throttle x2
, revved up to just under 2000rpm so I assume it goes to regen mode then the engine makes a sort of loading up noise & then the engines rpm drops back down to ide, has the regen failed or did I not do it right? Any help & advice would be greatly received.