Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Any recommendations for an aux-in ('07 model)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Default Any recommendations for an aux-in ('07 model)?

So, I just purchased a used 07 Mazda5, and had no idea the pre-08 models lacked an aux jack on the stereo (tried one in a showroom a couple of years back, had the aux jack standard).

So now I'm on a mission to add one. Its silly that there are two unused buttons on my stereo (Sat and Media), so I figure there should be a pretty simple way to add a jack to one of those inputs.
Internet searches brought me to something called the AuxMod, however it appears to be discontinued and hard to find now. What is the best (read: least expensive) way to add an aux in line to my stock stereo?

I've considered replacing the whole stereo like my other cars, but the wife kind of likes the CD changer (people still use those?!) and steering wheel controls. I was looking forward to the idea of NOT changing the stereo in a car for a change!

What other options do I have?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:18 PM

I recently had a coorospondence with the creator of auxmod, and they are still very much available and for sale. I plan on purchasing one on Friday, as I just got an 06 Mazda5

Sylfex

I will be more than happy to be the guinea pig for this mod. In fact, fixing this shortcoming was my main reason for joining this forum, although I plan on contributing more.