Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

2013 Mazda5, awful front tire traction, or lack thereof.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 08:49 AM
Default 2013 Mazda5, awful front tire traction, or lack thereof.

My issue is more of a question, as my car's awful lack of traction from the front tires when taking off from a dead stop. I can make the tires break traction WAY too easily on dry pavement, and when the road is damp, I have to treat the gas pedal way too gingerly.

I have two different brand tires on the front and back, and when I change the oil I rotate them and the change is very small from one brand to the other.

Is this an inherent characteristic of the car? Anyone else has this issue? It doesn't help that the traction control is not very refined, damn thing will hop its teeth lose if I don't let go of the pedal. I remember my old Mini, when it lost traction it felt like the offending tire would barely do half a turn when the TCS would kick in and in a very smooth way.

I've been thinking for a while on replacing the wheels and tires to something that looks better, but if the car will do this with new shoes, I think I would rather sell it and get something else. It too g'damn annoying.

What the mob says?