Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

'08 Mazda5 Alarm System Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Default '08 Mazda5 Alarm System Problems??

I've driven my new 5 nearly a week now, and this morning had something embarrassing happen.
Drove to work just fine - opened my car door to get out, and the alarm went off (horn honking, emergency flashers going). Hitting lock/unlock on the key fob didn't help, nor did putting the key back in the ignition & starting it back up.

It just kept going til it timed itself out & stopped. It even happened while the car was running at a traffic light (cracked the door while at a stop-imagine the looks I got!). And, it happened again, when I got out of the car at the dealer's (took the car straight back to the dealer).

Of course now, the dealer is saying they've tried everything, but can't get the car to do this again. WTF??? Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Is this a trend/common problem like the surging/stalling? HELP!!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Default RE: '08 Mazda5 Alarm System Problems??

Not a problem I've heard of. For some reason the alarm is armed when it shouldn't be......don't know! It could be a faulty switch in one of the doors which isn't turning the alarm off. The stealer should be able to plug it into the WDS system and check whats going on when you lock and unlock the doors. It could even just be a glitch in the software which will correct itself when the battery is disconnected then reconnected. I hope it doesn't become an ongoing problem for you as they can be an *** to diagnose.