Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Windshield Warranty

Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Default Windshield Warranty

Folks,

I was driving on my way to work 2 hours ago when a piece of flying metal rod hit my front windshield. (blame the hidden debris due to snow, and crack is about the size of my palm of hand) Since I have brought it new on July, 2010, my question is would the dealer replace the windshield free of charge with my warranty or would I have to call my insurance? I did a little investigation since I have done it before with my older car, I do not want aftermarket windshield because my old car wiper didn't interact well with the aftermarket windshield and wondering if this possible case would apply to my Mazda3. So tell me, what should I do?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bentiko
Folks,

I was driving on my way to work 2 hours ago when a piece of flying metal rod hit my front windshield. (blame the hidden debris due to snow, and crack is about the size of my palm of hand) Since I have brought it new on July, 2010, my question is would the dealer replace the windshield free of charge with my warranty or would I have to call my insurance? I did a little investigation since I have done it before with my older car, I do not want aftermarket windshield because my old car wiper didn't interact well with the aftermarket windshield and wondering if this possible case would apply to my Mazda3. So tell me, what should I do?
Insurance.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah definitely not going to be covered by the warranty. It would be like asking them to replace under warranty a tire that catastrophically failed...... after being punctured by a knife. Not really the fault of the tire (or windshield) or it's manufacturer.

Even going through insurance you should be able to get an OEM windshield.

Old 12-23-2021, 11:55 AM
Default Cheap quality windshield 2020 mazda3

Like others I too have an issue with the quality of mazda3.

While driving a tiny spec - presume from a truck 3lanes away -hit the windshield and it cracked. It was literally 0.5mm not even a rock . In 20 mins the crack became 3 feet long on the driver side . Under warranty but dealer refuses . I complained it is super cheap quality to crack this way and they refuse . Insurance has 500 deductible and dealer charging 750 for replacement .

with so many complaints on this forum wonder why some legal action cannot be taken

Old 12-23-2021, 12:07 PM

The glass is NOT low quality. There are numerous reasons your windshield fractured from impact the way it did and none are because of it being low quality. I suggest that you learn about windshields are constructed and you may find that there is a lot that goes into them. There are also Internation and federal US law specifically what is required to be a certified windshield. NONE and NO AUTO MANUFACTURE selling vehicles in the US offers and sells LOW quality windshields.

There are some "low qualities" aftermarket windshield however they still meet the federal guidelines. And the term low quality has more to do with the clarity and not the impact resistance.

When you buy a NEW Vehicle, you are given a WARRANTY information packet. I don't know of any that ever-offered road hazard coverage on a windshield?

Last edited by Callisto; 12-23-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:29 PM
tcl

This is like asking for a new warranty bumper after the car in front of you backed into you!