Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Will Mazda cover this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Default Will Mazda cover this?

My 2012 mazda 3 has been having some unlucky event happening to it. About a year ago, I started noticing that my car has problem with its transmission, the first time it happened, I was at the red light, completely stopped while waiting for the light but the 3 of us in the car felt like we were hit from behind. The problem persists till now, and it has gotten worse. When it accelerates, it feels like the car is having from switching from gear 1 to 2. Also, when it gets to 1.5 on the meter, the car shakes like its going on those grids slowing you down while reaching a toll booth. Mileage on my car is a little less than 44000. I'm not sure if this will be covered under Mazda limited powertrain warranty, I honestly don't know whats covered under the warranty. I bought this car used 3 years ago and I've put on about 10,000 miles on it. I haven't had the transmission fluid changed. 2 years back, I had a faulty fuel sensor changed but they told me that the axle was having some problem too, I had that fixed outside because they claimed that they found overpaint underneath my car which indicates that it had accident before so they wouldn't cover it. I'm not sure how true that was because the first owner did not mention anything about having an accident on the car and car fax did not show any reporting.

If the dealership will not cover it, what should I do with the car? My outside auto guy told me to just drive the car until the transmisison die to replace it but I really prefer not to do that thinking a bad transmission might fail my engine soon too. The cost is around $3000. Is it worth replacing? I don't drive a lot, only twice a week on the weekend.

Another problem is with my left side mirror. It got hit idk when, but I noticed it this morning, I attached it back to the panel and the mirror is working but it wont stay in place and cannot be folded. The black plastic piece attached along with the painted piece is missing, do I need to get the whole side mirror for replacement or it can be fixed partially without getting the whole side mirror?