Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Will buying a CAI affect my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Default RE: Will buying a CAI affect my warranty?

sois the mazdaspeed intake/exhaust as good as the others such as k & n , injen, aem, etc. when it comes to hp and fuel mileage or is the main perk the fact that they are still under warranty?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM

For the people that didn't install their CAI's themselves, will the Mazda dealership install it for me (with a fee of course)?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 AM

Once again, THESE RAT BASTARD DEALERS . Any exuse not to cover something but they kiss your freakin a** to get you in there and buy the DAMN car. My freaking blood pressure is going up, SOB' i cant stand them.

Sorry guys , once again venting - i need a becks

Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: npoll212

sois the mazdaspeed intake/exhaust as good as the others such as k & n , injen, aem, etc. when it comes to hp and fuel mileage or is the main perk the fact that they are still under warranty?
I believe it's firmlyabout what you're after.Generally speaking, I'd definately stick with a reputable company. And the MS is probably no better than some of the others, just more expensive and may save your warranty. In fact, if what I'd reasd is true, then it's the SAME as the Injen. But I can neither verify nor dey that claim. So, in part, you're paying for the peace of mind factor.
I myselfam looking for an intake to compliment my exhaust and my driving style which is usually below 4500rpm. So, I'm looking for one that flows well and enhances torque.
If your planning to drag race, you'd want something that works well in the 5-6K range.
See what I mean?

ORIGINAL: Tripleskate
For the people that didn't install their CAI's themselves, will the Mazda dealership install it for me (with a fee of course)?
Someone somewhere said it cost them $250 for the Mazda Dealer to install theirMS intake.I don't remember whether it was an MS3 or N/A 3 (I think it was a Speed owner.) But remember, it has to be a MazdaSpeed Certified dealer that does the work.
Some MS accesories have a warranty, some do not. Some must be installed by an MS dealer for the warranty to be in effect. Either way, is it worth $650 (parts + labor) to you to find out?
They gotcha' comin', and they gotcha' goin'. Ain't life grand?

Old 08-29-2007, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Someone somewhere said it cost them $250 for the Mazda Dealer to install theirMS intake.I don't remember whether it was an MS3 or N/A 3 (I think it was a Speed owner.) But remember, it has to be a MazdaSpeed Certified dealer that does the work.
Some MS accesories have a warranty, some do not. Some must be installed by an MS dealer for the warranty to be in effect. Either way, is it worth $650 (parts + labor) to you to find out?
They gotcha' comin', and they gotcha' goin'. Ain't life grand?

it cost me $200 for the installation from mazda ($100 / hour, even though the job probably took half an hour) and the intake cost me $300. i think the dealership sells it for $400-450. so $650 is about right if everything is done through a dealership. but i have a question: if i had gotten it done elsewhere, wouldn't hte intake still be covered under warranty?

Old 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

fyi, a mazdaspeed intake is made by AEM
ORIGINAL: virgin1

Actually I had read in SCC mag that Injen is the manufacturerof theMazdaSpeed CAI, and that the reason they are good is because they maintain the proper inner diameter @ the MAF which is a cause of CEL's.

who to believe???

Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 PM

MSCAI was beingmade by AEM last I saw....I saw the parts as they were being developed.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

N/A, Speed, or both, SST?

Old 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM

I only saw the regular 2.0/2.3L version. The Speed wasn't out yet while I was working there. (I worked for many years at AutoAlliance, the mfg plant for the Mazda6 and Mustang, we were directly adjacent to MNAO - Mazda North American Operations where some of the speed guys were stationed...being a car guy in general it was cool to talk cars/performance with them.)

Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 AM

How longdo the aftermarket intakes usually last if ur not beating the hell out of your car? I have a 2007 with less than 6k miles on it and if im putting an intake on i want it to last for at least 50k miles

Quick Reply: Will buying a CAI affect my warranty?