Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

What maintenance is NOT listed for 2010 (MY)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 10:43 PM
Default What maintenance is NOT listed for 2010 (MY)?

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm curious about what routine items aren't listed in the maintenance schedule? I have a 2010 hatchback that I bought used at 78K. I immediately did all the 60K maintenance items, but a bunch of things that I'm used to—like ATF, differential oil, grease fittings, brake fluid—aren't even mentioned. The extremely vague "Inspect" is sort of meaningless, especially when the car is at 100K (which mine is now).

I had the dealership do the 90K service, thinking that they would have a handle on what routine items need to be done. Maybe they were more thorough than my neighbourhood mechanic; maybe they weren't.

The reason why I'm asking is because: A) I'm a firm believe in preventive maintenance and following the manufacturers' recommendations, and: B) because I've just been through a long, multi-participant discussion about the 'sealed for life' line of BS given for various drivetrain components. I'd rather hand the shop a list of what needs to be done, rather than rely on whatever the maintenance schedule says.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Brake fluid is every 2 years
ATF is inspect every service, if it requires changing then do so.
No diff oil, unless its AWD.
No grease fittings.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:03 PM

Thanks; I think I'm in good shape, then. Just wanted to ask the collective group if there were any items that were not on the maintenance schedule that should be. I know on my GF's Jaguar X-type, there's a driveshaft grease point that needs to be done, and no mention of it as recommended maintenance anywhere.