Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service due in 0 miles, yet not due in Maintenance App

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Default Service due in 0 miles, yet not due in Maintenance App

New CX-5 with 5,830 miles. The Maintenance App says service due in 3 month, 2,000 miles. (I am using schedule 1.) Tire rotation is set to 7,000 miles. But dash has been counting down service due in so many mile and got to zero at 5,825 miles. Now dash keeps saying service due in 0 miles when I start the car. Is there some setting that the dealer set to do this? Anyway, how can I get rid of this incorrect message on the dash?

Old 10-23-2018, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by timmonsr@gmail.com
New CX-5 with 5,830 miles. The Maintenance App says service due in 3 month, 2,000 miles. (I am using schedule 1.) Tire rotation is set to 7,000 miles. But dash has been counting down service due in so many mile and got to zero at 5,825 miles. Now dash keeps saying service due in 0 miles when I start the car. Is there some setting that the dealer set to do this? Anyway, how can I get rid of this incorrect message on the dash?
In my 2016, you can go to settings and change the service interval. I press the middle button on the console and go to Apps then settings, as I recall oil change and other maintenance are two different settings so you probably need to change both.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:31 AM

Amazing the amount of info one can find in the owner's manual. I suggest you read it.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:25 PM

i have the My Mazda app which gives you the owners manual and service / maintenance manual .. and its saying for my 2018 7500 miles or 12 months.. for the oil change interval . but whats weird is my cx-5 GT says every 5000 miles.. so for me since my dealer does free oil changes i will just do it every 5000 miles or 6 months.. but for warranty reasons i surely wouldn't ever want to exceed 7500 miles..

Old 10-24-2018, 08:24 AM

I had done what it says in the owner's manual in the Maintenance App (For type 2 instrument cluster that I have), resetting everything, twice. But, I just did what it says do to for type 1 cluster (which I don't have) - using the dashboard illumination ****. That may have worked. The Service Overdue message still came up when starting the engine, but it did not stay on as long as it has been. It had came up randomly when starting before, so need several starts to be sure it is gone..

Reading deeper into the manual, it appears that the computer will calculate when it thinks service is due based on how it is driven and on time. So that may be why the warning came on at a random mileage and time. This warning is reset only by the dashboard illumination ****? The first thing in the manual about resetting service warning is about the Maintenance App. But deeper into the manual, it talks about the computer service prediction and only mentions using the dashboard illumination **** to reset.

So wonder what this does to warranty if I only use Schedule 1 in the manual and ignore the computer calculated maintenance?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:41 PM

This seems to me to be a bug. I have the same issue, I did reset and followed the manual's instructions, but the "Service due in 0 miles" message still appears. Will need to ask the service department next time when my service is due.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:38 AM

I did both reset methods (per manual), but it still randomly appears. Going to dealer this week anyway.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:25 AM

Was going to bring this up myself because my 2018 CX-5 is doing the same thing. Rotated the tires at 5000 and reset that, just changed the oil at 6000 because of a long trip and reset this but I still get the Service due in 0 miles. Looking forward to seeing what you dealer will say timmonsr,