Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Warranty Void?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 04:28 AM
Default Warranty Void?

So do you guys know if I do stuff to my 3, if they'll void my warranty or not? I want to do some bolt ons but definitely don't want to void the warranty. Are there certain things that are aloud and others that aren't? Thanks

Old 09-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Default RE: Warranty Void?

Very few things will void your warranty altogether. Takes a flood or vehicle total in accident to do that. You will not void your warranty by installing bolt on components. What will happen is that if for example you install a cold air intake system on your car and the check engine light comes on with a code related to airflow or intake air temp or you complain on rough/erratic idle speed they will see your aftermarket system and tell you to remove it and see if the problem goes away. You may have to pay out of pocket for this info but you warranty is still not voided. If you reinstall factory system and light still returns or problem persists then will be under warranty again. Same goes with lowering vehicle or anything else. If you install lowering springs and complain of rubbing noise and is found to be due to tires rubbing due to lowering then will not be covered of course. Just keep in mind that if make a modification to the vehicle then problem related to that modification is not covered under warranty. Makes sense as it is no longer considered a factory defect but a fault of your own doing. Modify away but take consideration that the modifications you make will not be covered for problems you have due to those modifications.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Default RE: Warranty Void?

Be warned. I just took my 3 took the dealership with new Exhaust and intake and sparkplugs. They said they wont even look at it unless I put the original stuff back on.. You know what I said... I told them there mechanic sucks and is lazy. They said the warranty isnt voided but to figure out what is causeing an accdelleration problem I have sometimes they need to do tests without the mods. Freakin liers. Lazy!