Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

US News Small Car Rankings

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Default US News Small Car Rankings

FYI, Mazda3 ranked 5th.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...le-Small-Cars/

Re: the low saefty score, you can buy ABS and side airbags, and the M3s safety is excellent (which is what I did).

And, Isat in the backseats of lots of cars when I was in buying mode, and I don't agree the M3s back seatis any more cramped than other compacts, in fact the M3s back seat head room was better than many I experienced.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Default RE: US News Small Car Rankings

yea considering in canadian driver they said that the back seat were better then the rest of the back seats in compacts.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:10 AM

although i do agree that the fit is the best car for the money. as it is roomy for a little car and cheap as hell on gas!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:20 AM

Since when US News started to review and rank cars! Auto journalism is playing in favor of Honda. To rank the junk Honda Fit and Scion Tc ahead of Mazda3 is a joke......
________
Prilosec lawyers

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 AM
VB

ORIGINAL: wineye

Since when US News started to review and rank cars! Auto journalism is playing in favor of Honda. To rank the junk Honda Fit and Scion Tc ahead of Mazda3 is a joke......
Honda and Scion (Toyota) have had better reputations for years, wouldn't surprise me if the media played to them...however, their accolades are well deserved. They've been making the most reliable economy cars for decades.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:07 PM

I test drove the Scion, thought its freeway manners left something to be desired (both handling and noise level), and the interior was austere. You could not, as of the 2007 model year, get factory cruise control in any Scion.

I think its apples and orangesto put cars like the Honda Fit and Scion, against the Civic or Mazda 3. Also, to not take even a stab at reliability - a huge consideration for most people - is an interesting choice on their part.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

I test drove the Scion, thought its freeway manners left something to be desired (both handling and noise level), and the interior was austere. You could not, as of the 2007 model year, get factory cruise control in any Scion.

I think its apples and oranges to put cars like the Honda Fit and Scion, against the Civic or Mazda 3. Also, to not take even a stab at reliability - a huge consideration for most people - is an interesting choice on their part.
I will have to take a page from wineye's book there...I'll stick to Edmunds.com's evaluations.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:47 AM

I like the 2008 Honda Fit. The Fit's configurable cabin, numerous standard amenities and peppy performance secure its place as a top-ranked affordable small car.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: zacknolden
I like the 2008 Honda Fit. The Fit's configurable cabin, numerous standard amenities and peppy performance secure its place as a top-ranked affordable small car.
All Hondas have many features standard. It's kind of the Honda mantra besides reliability.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:46 PM

I would stick with information from more reliable sources like Car & Driver, Automobile Magazine, Edmunds, Consumer Reports, etc. Everything I read about 07 and 08 was top notch. US News seems to have theire heads up theire a$$. IMHO.

Quick Reply: US News Small Car Rankings