Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

up grades??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Default up grades??

i just ordered my new mazda 3 sport gs, should be delivered in the next week. i'm pumped. what i want to know is where i can go to get a cool rear spoiler. i want something more agressive than the stock gt spoiler, like the new mazdaspeed 3 one maybe? anyone see any out there, i've been looking but can't find anything. also, any recomendations for where i should be listing my stock 16" wheels and tires from the gs? i want to get a quick sell on those, i'm ordering some sweet 18" konig's asap.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: up grades??

Congrats on your order, and welcome to the forums.

Where are you located? I'm guessing not the US as "gs" isn't one of our trims. did you order a 4 or 5 door? I'm guessing 5-door since you're asking about the MS3's spoiler. I don't think the pieces/parts for the speed3 will be available for purchase until after it's released, but you could always ask one of the online places like www.onlinemazdaparts.com if they have part numbers for them.

Also if you're somewhere that gets lots of snow you might want to hang onto the stock 16" wheels and put some winter rubber on them to spare you nice konigs.

Again, welcome.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:05 PM

thanx for the welcome. been a few years since i've owned a car, sold my '98 integra and switched for a mountain bike a while back. looking forward to getting back behind the wheel, the 3 seemed like the best bang for the buck out there right now.
i'm in victoria bc, canada. west coast, we see virtually no snow around here, thnkfully. i bought the five door mazda3. in canada we have two trim levels for the 3, gs and gt. the gs has the 16" wheels and no rear spoiler, slightly dif taillights, four speaker sound system and no leather wrapped steeringwheel. since i wanted to get the bigger wheels and a more unique spoiler i fig i'd go for the gs and save a few bucks.
do you know of any other places i could find a more agressive spoiler? i'm having a hard time finding alot of after market parts for the 3, seems to be a strong bias to the honda veichals. even all the tuner mags feature alot of cars but i've only seen the mazdaspeed 3 in any of them. i've seen some interesting spoilers on a cpl other import hatchbacks, is there a more generic aftermarket one i could be looking at?

Old 09-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

I've seen some really ugly 5-door spoilers from pictures at car shows, but nothing else. The '07 spoiler in the US now includes a LED tailight in it, and the mazdaspeed one is the same except it extends off the roof more. All 5-doors in the US have spoilers, so I'm just not used to thinking of them without...... they look like focuses then.

Check out www.mazda3forums.com, and www.bcmazda3club.com. I'm sure there are people at both of those that can give you more info on aftermarket parts (as I don't do much in the way of performance mods).

Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 AM

thanx for the update. ya, the 3 does look alittle weak without the spoiler. i did find the ms3 spoiler at www.onlinemazdaparts.com, thanx. it's $511 online, available now.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:22 PM

FYI
In Canada there are 3 models available - GX, GS and GT in the sedan and two hatch models - the GS and the GT

the differences between the GS and the GT models, (in the sedan), are:

2.3 L vs 2.0L engine
17" vs 16" alloy wheels (also different styles)
6 vs 4 speakers
anti theft system
carbon fibre appearance dash trim panel
heated seats
LED taillights
sporty bumpers
leather steering wheel
side sill extensions
sporty cloth seats
body colored grill
fog lights
electromenescent gauges