Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Replacement wheels for Speed3

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Default Replacement wheels for Speed3

I just ain't feelin' these factory wheels. My car is black and the silver just stands out like a sore thumb. I would like something, maybe black spokes with a chrome or polished rim. Where is the best place to start looking?

Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Default RE: Replacement wheels for Speed3

tirerack is always very helpful when it comes to wheels and tires.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:16 PM

thanks, I will check them out

Old 12-08-2006, 11:48 PM

im getting a black ms3 too and want to do something with the wheels, but spent 2g before on wheels for an audi, they got scratched and bubbled and i instantly regreted it.

a friend of mine got a kit from advanced auto to color his wheels. it came out very nice and seems to be legit. i think i might go that way and black out my car.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:48 PM

Not a bad idea. I don't mind the pattern so much, just the color is too bright. Keep us posted how it goes.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:52 PM

looking to get my car first, see how i like it and then think about doing this. my friend who did it on his car has his own drum company and is very good at things like this, applying paint evenly and making things look proffessional, so i am thinking i will wait til he is around to do a good quality job on it.

i like the look of having a silver trim around the outside of the wheel. his cars wheel so happened to have the right mold so it could be done easily but with the wheels on the mazdaspeed3 i am not sure if that can happen, so it might have to be all black. another idea i was thinking about(although i dont think im interested in) is the ms3 wheels spokes have a layered appearance to them, so if you wanted to make them look "fancy" you could have the five outer spokes black and the inner ones stay silver. might look like some of the giavonni wheels people have. im more inclining to go all black and tint the windows(stealth).

Old 12-09-2006, 07:56 PM

The only thing I would have against painting the factory wheels, is that when I sell the car, it always helps to have the factory wheels. Every car I have ever owned, I always kept the factory wheels.

I bought my S3 more or less as a "toy car". I have the habit of keeping my "toys" about 3 years. I keep them in perfect condition, and never have a problem to get rid of them.

My last toy was a C5 Corvette convertible. I got above blue book, because the car was in perfect shape. I actually had 1 jerk ask me why I thought the car was worth so much money (this was without him even bothering to come look at the car). What a tool. It didn't matter, cause the next guy that called, bought it without even trying to talk me down. Actually, I miss that car quite a bit.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:26 PM

i would miss it too, even more so if it was the new Z06. good point about the factory wheels.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:22 AM

I think the wheels are fine I have the black ms3 as well I dont think they really stand out like a sore thumb lol.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:07 AM

Well you know, it's all about what you like, and personal preference. I would really prefer a 5 spoke, blacked out, with a chrome rim and centerpiece. To me, the big thick spokes are too much, and take away from the car.

Quick Reply: Replacement wheels for Speed3