Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Turbocharging a 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Default Turbocharging a 3

So guys, where will i find a turbo? lol

Old 03-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Default RE: Turbocharging a 3

if you need to ask that question, you probably shouldn't be turboing anything.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:07 PM

google is always a good start... then once you find a certain turbo you want, start researching it. But you seem to be the type of person that has pretty much no clue on turbos. If that is the case, I'd suggest you go to a local performance shop and let them do everything. Basically, it is all up to what you can afford though.

and it would help if you gave us the make/model/year as well... otherwise we cannot help you! [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-12-2008, 02:12 PM

I know alot of people have had been experiences with HASS turbo kits but I believe the Hiboost kit has been doing fairly well among the mazda3 crowd. Are you going to be building up your vehicle (new rods, cams, lines, etc?). If you aren't, you will not get the full-potential out of a turbo without blowing up your ride.

basically, if you don't have around $6,000 to invest now... it's not worth it in my opinion!

Old 03-12-2008, 02:54 PM

if you want to turbo your 3 and its a reg 3 like mine.....don't spend no more than 4 grand....and if you do or want to...buy a new car....mazdaspeed, sentra SE-R and like so. Don't waste money on a reg 3 to turbo it...my opinion.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM

$4,000 for a turbo is pretty common... but with my price I factored in new engine internals and such as well. Just keep that in mind...

Old 03-12-2008, 05:05 PM

save up the money for the turbo and then trade ur mazda 3 in for a mazdaspeed 3 and TADA!!!! UR 3 IS TURBOCHARGED!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

save up the money for the turbo and then trade ur mazda 3 in for a mazdaspeed 3 and TADA!!!! UR 3 IS TURBOCHARGED!!!
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-12-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMzda3

if you need to ask that question, you probably shouldn't be turboing anything.
I don't know you or anything but that doesn't mean flame me, but of course there will always be people like you who will post those comments. There are people(including myself) that don't know anything about turbos and are on this forum to communicate with other peopletoget their opinions on things that they want to do to their car or problems that they are experiencing. If you have the time to say that much thena simple answer such as "Hiboost turbo" would have been waybetter than being an *******. And for the long run, maybe I don't know as much as everyone on this forum, but everyone starts somewhere.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM

bro u have to keep in mind that aside from all the money ur gonna be spending on turboin ur car, ur gonna ahve to maintain the car more than u would normally have to. adding a turbo to a naturally aspirated car isnt the same as getting a car with turbo already from the factory.warranties r voided as well. and if u dont ahve the know-how u have no choice but to take it to ashop. and if u dont ahve ne knowledge watso ever, the shop will rip u off. ive seen it happen. if u want a faster car, u can do the simple stuff. intake exhaust and headers. if u still want a turbo, trade the car in for a car that already has it. as far as u learning bout this stuff, its real easy getting info off the net. www.howstuffworks.com always worsk for me. lol

Quick Reply: Turbocharging a 3