Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Traded the Speed3 for a Trailblazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Default RE: Traded the Speed3 for a Trailblazer SS

ORIGINAL: bradSS

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA
You "had" to get a seven passenger, 12 mpg SUV, because your family size is going up to four ... what your really saying is your wife never liked the speed3. As soon as I saw you mention " my wife" I knew exactly what was up.

I am not married, but that doesn't mean I'm immune to "choosing" to do something which just happens to be exactly what the womanthinks isthe best thing to do ... we've all made "choices" like that ...
well it's not a 7 passenger vehicle and it gets more than 12 mpg. it'll hold 5 at most, but 4 comfortably and gets around 15-18 in town and around 20 on the highway. a far cry from what he's coming from? of course it is. but you can't put a 400hp LS2 in a <5000lb. truck and expect it to be real economic on fuel. for what it is and what it's capable of it's admirable.

if you think dealing with women is bad right now, you not being married, just wait till you are married. when you're single you can afford to kinda do what you want and make them mad. soon you say "i do" things change drastically. it gets worse 10 fold . they might get mad at you at first, then you've still gotta go home with them....and it only gets worse lol

trueRED, congrats on the purchase. but it's a shame you couldn't keep both, the Speed3 is pretty nice. as you probably guessed i own a SS and saw this and had to say something. a couple of good sites for your new truck are http://www.trailvoy.comand http://www.trailblazerss.com. both are really good sites with lots of info.
The Trailblazer SS (which comes with an enormous6.0 V8)is EPA rated 15 MPG city, 19 highway with RWD, and 14 city, 17 highway with AWD. In general, cars get 2-3 MPG less than the EPA ratings in the real world, unless younever havepassengers, neverpunch the gas, never carry anything, never drive up hills, and never have the AC on. So, I don'tconsider my 12MPG comment wrong. http://www.forbesautos.com/spec/2007...railblazer_ss/

You are correct though about the seating, mybad.Looks like Chevrolet dropped the ability to have a 3rd row of seating ... the trailblazer used to have 3rd row seating available (as in within the last couple of years).Seems like a strange thing to do-eliminate options, such thatpassenger capacity goes down. Isn't a major selling pointof a large vehicle that you can carry more people than a car, should the need arise?

Wait till I get married? The last thing that'll happen to me if and when that happens is me selling a car I really like.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:32 AM

The Trailblazer SS (which comes with an enormous6.0 V8)is EPA rated 15 MPG city, 19 highway with RWD, and 14 city, 17 highway with AWD. In general, cars get 2-3 MPG less than the EPA ratings in the real world, unless younever havepassengers, neverpunch the gas, never carry anything, never drive up hills, and never have the AC on. So, I don'tconsider my 12MPG comment wrong. http://www.forbesautos.com/spec/2007...railblazer_ss/

You are correct though about the seating, mybad.Looks like Chevrolet dropped the ability to have a 3rd row of seating ... the trailblazer used to have 3rd row seating available (as in within the last couple of years).Seems like a strange thing to do-eliminate options, such thatpassenger capacity goes down. Isn't a major selling pointof a large vehicle that you can carry more people than a car, should the need arise?

Wait till I get married? The last thing that'll happen to me if and when that happens is me selling a car I really like.
lol, you say that now. women are very persuasive, if nothing else just so you dont have to hear them bitch and moan. when they get married they also become sex camels.....able to go LONG periods without it [8D]

that may be what the EPA rates them at, but i know my personal AWD gets around 15-18 in town and 20 on the highway......but you did have one point right, as long as i keep my foot off the floor and baby it. which is very hard to do [8D]. it's very low geared, so even just easing into the throttle will give you decent acceleration. but honestly, gas mileage wasn't a concern when i bought mine. i bought it for the fun factor of AWD and the LS2 under the hood, not as a gas sipping daily driver. mine usuallyonly gets drove on the weekend......and occasionally me or my wife will drive it through the week.

they still have the 3rd row seating as an option on the regular trailblazer's and envoy's, it comes as the EXT package. but there isn't a 3rd row option with a SS package.

i'm not trying to be argumenative with you, i'm just stating my personal experience with said vehicle and how it reacts in real world situations.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:48 PM

The Trailblazer SS (which comes with an enormous6.0 V8)is EPA rated 15 MPG city, 19 highway with RWD, and 14 city, 17 highway with AWD. In general, cars get 2-3 MPG less than the EPA ratings in the real world
that may be what the EPA rates them at, but i know my personal AWD gets around 15-18 in town and 20 on the highway......
i'm not trying to be argumenative with you, i'm just stating my personal experience with said vehicle and how it reacts in real world situations.
If you can consistently beat EPA, Chevrolet should hire you to drive their EPA tests.

Every now and then, I beat EPA by 1 or 2 on the highway in my M3, but I've chalked that up to, 1)the wind must have been at my back, or, 2) the drive had a lot of downhill.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 AM

[sm=sorry.gif]i thought i had mentioned i had mine tuned and CAI, which would be the culprit for the extra gas mileage.

and i dont consistently beat it....can't keep my right foot that high off the floor for that long lol[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-03-2007, 08:02 PM

i have both a 04 trailblazer and 07 mazda3 and the trailblazer has been giving me problems forever. the tranny sucks and has a cheap plastic ring that will break ever 2-3 years. and its a bitch in expenses to fix. had the mazda3 for about 3 weeks now and love the **** out of it. anyway, im not a car genius or anything. sorry to be that guy

Old 06-05-2007, 07:42 PM

lol, you say that now. women are very persuasive, if nothing else just so you dont have to hear them bitch and moan. when they get married they also become sex camels.....able to go LONG periods without it [8D]
SO TRUE I almost got married and already noticed this. I believe this post is turning into a realization that woman are not very good to us guys. [sm=exactly.gif]