Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

thinking of buying an 08 MS3... any comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Default RE: thinking of buying an 08 MS3... any comments?

Thanks for all the help guys..

How would they put in a sunroof on a lease? Would it just be a moonroof like just glass w/ no retract or tilt, or would it be fully functional and motorized?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jbpdog

Thanks for all the help guys..

How would they put in a sunroof on a lease? Would it just be a moonroof like just glass w/ no retract or tilt, or would it be fully functional and motorized?
I doubt they'd install one on a leased car, but check with the dealer first. HERE's a thread at mazda3forums by the first member to have a sunroof installed. You could get just a simple lift up glass one, but he got the whole deal and it looks fantastic!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 AM

Hey!

Thinking of buying a Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring. I was wondering if you had any comments or suggestions for me, becuase I dont know much about the vehicles from a first-hand standpoint.

Im also considering a VW GTI.

Thanks for the help!
The Mazdaspeed3 consistently garners high praises from all the leading car magazines, auto enthusiast websites, etc. In addition, I have yet to see it score below 1st place in a comparo with the GTI and other sport compact cars. By the numbers, its performance blows away the "competition," but even in subjective ratings, the 'Speed3 outshines the others. After owning my 'Speed3 for nearly a year now, I can honestly say that I find it very hard to find fault in this car. If you find yourself truly torn between the 'Speed3 and the GTI, consider this food for thought... how many 'Speed3s will you see on the road vs. the number of GTIs? Exclusivity is simply the icing on the cake for selecting this remarkable car. You should seriously consider purchasing instead of leasing... I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have to turn in the keys...

P.S.
Regarding your follow up question: moonroofs are not available on the Mazdaspeed3. Mazda claims that this is to reinforce structural rigidity, however, I'm sure it really has more to do with cost and weight reduction, as this is undoubtedly a very solid car.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

No factory (back-off SPeeDy :P) moon/sunroof for the MS3.

LMAOOO!!! welllll........................................

Old 03-26-2008, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: SILVERSP33D

Hey!

Thinking of buying a Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring. I was wondering if you had any comments or suggestions for me, becuase I dont know much about the vehicles from a first-hand standpoint.

Im also considering a VW GTI.

Thanks for the help!
The Mazdaspeed3 consistently garners high praises from all the leading car magazines, auto enthusiast websites, etc. In addition, I have yet to see it score below 1st place in a comparo with the GTI and other sport compact cars. By the numbers, its performance blows away the "competition," but even in subjective ratings, the 'Speed3 outshines the others. After owning my 'Speed3 for nearly a year now, I can honestly say that I find it very hard to find fault in this car. If you find yourself truly torn between the 'Speed3 and the GTI, consider this food for thought... how many 'Speed3s will you see on the road vs. the number of GTIs? Exclusivity is simply the icing on the cake for selecting this remarkable car. You should seriously consider purchasing instead of leasing... I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have to turn in the keys...

P.S.
Regarding your follow up question: moonroofs are not available on the Mazdaspeed3. Mazda claims that this is to reinforce structural rigidity, however, I'm sure it really has more to do with cost and weight reduction, as this is undoubtedly a very solid car.

TOTALLY RIGHT! the gti is a nice, dont get me wrong, BUTTTTTT the speed3 has everything one requires. looks, power, performance, trunk space, etc. i can go on if u like?..

and NO the speed3 does not come with a sun/mooon roof. u can have an aftermarket one installed, like mine, which pushes the speed3 from a 9 to a 10 .. mayb ill frankenstein my car and put the speed6 tranny and ahve the only AWD speed3 lol. that'll make it a 11 out of 10 haha

Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 PM

I used to install aftermarket moon/sun roofs in cars and I would NEVER have one put in my car. Putting in an aftermarket roof is SUCH a destructive process. I have never seen an aftermarket roof that did not leak at some point. If you want a moon/sun roof in a car...buy a car with a factory roof. But not the GTI...V Dubsare notorious for electrical problems. I have yet to meet a person that bought a V Dub that is 100% satisfied.Wait a year or two and buy the new SI. It's supposed tobe turbo not NA and theirmoonroofs are top of the line!

Old 03-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Now THAT sounds like good, professional advice to me. ^ ^ ^

Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Darth Mazda

I used to install aftermarket moon/sun roofs in cars and I would NEVER have one put in my car. Putting in an aftermarket roof is SUCH a destructive process. I have never seen an aftermarket roof that did not leak at some point. If you want a moon/sun roof in a car...buy a car with a factory roof. But not the GTI...V Dubsare notorious for electrical problems. I have yet to meet a person that bought a V Dub that is 100% satisfied.Wait a year or two and buy the new SI. It's supposed tobe turbo not NA and theirmoonroofs are top of the line!
I've heard this too, and have always found it to be strange, asVW isthe fourth largest automaker in the world, with brands including Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, andLamborghini.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:32 AM

Or maybe Mazda will start putting moon roofs in the MS3.

Funny story....I got about 1/2 way home from the dealership after I bought my MS3 and I went to open the roof. I had just driven an SI the day before and I guess I got the cars confused. Needless to say...there was no roof. It sucked. Oh well...I am SO happy that I didn't buy the SI.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:33 PM

well i have a mazda3 and the fact that i dont have a sunroof and my buddy in his 02 civic SI pisses me off. he just gives me the finger out the sunroof as i fly right by him.

Quick Reply: thinking of buying an 08 MS3... any comments?