Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Standard features not on car?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Default Standard features not on car?

According to 2012 MAZDA3 4-Door Features and Specs - Mazda USA, the 2012 4-door Madza 3 s Grand Touring should have sat nav and push start ignition as standard features. But at the dealership, the cars didn't have it. The window sticker didn't list those options either.

Is this common or is there anything to worry about?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Upsdriver
According to 2012 MAZDA3 4-Door Features and Specs - Mazda USA, the 2012 4-door Madza 3 s Grand Touring should have sat nav and push start ignition as standard features. But at the dealership, the cars didn't have it. The window sticker didn't list those options either.

Is this common or is there anything to worry about?
Are you sure you weren't looking at either a Mazda3 i Touring, or an early 2012 model year Mazda3 s Touring?

FWIW, Mazda reshuffeled their option and package lists when the SkyActive models hit the showrooms during the late fall, and as such, there were new cars in inventory with different option and package lists than what were listed on the web site.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Are you sure you weren't looking at either a Mazda3 i Touring, or an early 2012 model year Mazda3 s Touring?

FWIW, Mazda reshuffeled their option and package lists when the SkyActive models hit the showrooms during the late fall, and as such, there were new cars in inventory with different option and package lists than what were listed on the web site.
The sticker definitely said 2012 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring. If they changed the packages then that make sense.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Upsdriver
The sticker definitely said 2012 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring. If they changed the packages then that make sense.
If you get a chance, look for a build date; I'm thinking things changed sometime during September or October. If the build date is one of those two months or older, you may well be looking at a car built before the specs changed, however, Mazda has some 'splaining to do if the build date is November or later.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM

I got a 2012 Mazda 3s GT 5-door this past Sunday and can say that it has both the navigation system and the push button start. I do have a question for anyone who has a GT model. The brochure says that it comes with heated side mirrors, but there's nothing in the car to activate them and there's nothing in the manual about the heated mirrors as well. I would assume then that the mirrors just heat automatically when it detects frost on them, but I don't really want to assume that! Any info on that would be appreciated!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by fatkid98
I got a 2012 Mazda 3s GT 5-door this past Sunday and can say that it has both the navigation system and the push button start. I do have a question for anyone who has a GT model. The brochure says that it comes with heated side mirrors, but there's nothing in the car to activate them and there's nothing in the manual about the heated mirrors as well. I would assume then that the mirrors just heat automatically when it detects frost on them, but I don't really want to assume that! Any info on that would be appreciated!
Heated mirrors engage when the rear-window defogger is switched on.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Heated mirrors engage when the rear-window defogger is switched on.
Thanks, that makes senses. I checked the manual again and found a small blurb about it in the section with the rear defrost.