Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Squeak noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Lev
Default Squeak noise

I have an 05 3S and everytime i make a right turn it makes a short squeak noise. It sounds like it is coming from the back right part of the car so i thought it might be the suspension. I had my friend push down on the back of the car, while i was in it, and it wouldn't make the nosie. It only happens when i make right turns never left. It never makes noise when im driving only when i'm turning onto a street, in my driveway, in a parking lot, etc.... The sound is not persistant and it doesn't even last a second. It sounds like something is loose or needs to be oiled but i don't know what. Its annoying and i don't want a small $100 problem turning into a big $1000 problem. Any info will be excellent.

Thanks a lot
Lev.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Default RE: Squeak noise

I have a persistant squeek in my car aswell...for weeks i couldn't locate it and i was really pissed off. BUT! i have found it, its my seatbelt on the driver's seat. Depending on the situation, whenever I turn, i can hear an audible squeek. When i have time i have to pull the seat all the way back and see if i can reach all the springs and stuff that attach the buckle to the base of the seat - im guna have to oil that bad boy. This may be your sound aswell, THEORY: as u make right turns, the momentum of your body pulls you to the left, pulling the seatbelt mechanism with you as the lap belt gets tight. I was able one day to push down on the seatbelt buckle and mimic the squeek a few times (thats how i found out where exactly the squeek was coming from)

Does it sound like an inside squeek, or an outside squeek?

haha i hope this helps somewhat...if not, good luck = )

Old 05-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Lev

I just tried fiddling with the seatbelt and it wasn't making the noise. The sound can only be heard when you are inside the car and not outside. What you were saying made sense and i was hoping it was just that but the seatbelt isn't making the noise. Its not quite a sqeak sound but like a short whistle noise like somthing is loose. Thanks for the input though.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:34 PM

You can only hear it from the inside......is it more of a whine than a squeak?

Old 05-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Lev

I rotated my tires because the front tires are more bald and now the sound is gone. Was my tire not on tight enough? Its strange how its not making the noise anymore.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:07 PM

that is strange, I dont think it could have been that though. It would have been more of a knocking noise if the lug nuts were loose.