Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Spoiler...or No Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Default RE: Spoiler...or No Spoiler?

ORIGINAL: 2.0Mazda08

I personally dont like spolers on a lot of cars (dont like driving shopping carts)...
Glad I'm not the only one making that comparison. There's a guy who parks his riced-out Civic at the local Wal-Mart; it has a huge spoiler with scissors mounts, and about 20 fluorescent tubes under the car. Cracks me up every time he goes by with that PPPPHHHHBBBBBTTTTTTT sound out of the tailpipe.

Seriously, the M3 is an awesome handling car right off the transporter. I think it's a lot of fun to drive around incognito and snicker at all the guys who upset the balance and handling of their cars by tacking all the gingerbread on every surface. That said, the rear spoiler on a M3 looks very nice and doesn't hurt it a bit. If my car had one already installed, I wouldn't have a complaint.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Boys, boys, BOYS... Go down about 3/4 of the way.
http://accessories.mazdausa.com/weba...+MAZDA3+4-Door

Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 PM

I still like the Stock wing.
I am just glad the 5 Door has it from the factory [8D]

Old 02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah! ^ ^ ^
()

Old 02-06-2008, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: kevinlamar

Does your 3 have a spoiler or not? I've been considering getting one put on mine. I would buy it on ebay or something and install it myself.

However, does it look too HighSchoolish? I am a recent college grad and I have a Full time job now. Will a spoiler make me look like that young punk kid that thinks he's cool, but he's not. I don't wanna look like a Fast and Furious band boy that wears a bandana. But I DO like how the spoiler looks.

To spoil or not to spoil, that is the question....
My '99 Eclipse GS-T has a huge factory spoiler, but I love how the wing completes the look of the car, and that's what matters. Ultimately, it comes down to what makes you happy and what makes you smile just a little bit more when you look at your 3. You said you like how the spoiler looks so I think you should go for it!

[IMG]local://upfiles/11245/02630EFB95384F168B513774126FE9B4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 AM

we will not be winging it at 350 a wing! .. wingless!!! lol

Old 02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SILVERSP33D
Ultimately, it comes down to what makes you happy and what makes you smile just a little bit more when you look at your 3.
You said you like how the spoiler looks so I think you should go for it!
Well said, SSP3!! I agree. Do it because you want to do it.

ORIGINAL: Crstfr
we will not be winging it at 350 a wing! .. wingless!!! lol

That does seem steep and was my reaction too, but there are alternatives.One of the dealers that sponsor this forum (i.e. MedMazda, or MazdaPartsZone) can probably offer you a discount... usually around 10~15%.
And thinkof it this way, where else can you get the factory spoiler already painted in the correct color and w/a factory finish? How much might it cost to have it done otherwise and what kind of a job would it be?
If you got the factory part it could be installed and ready to go in 1/2 hour vs.... a long search and wait for your friendly neighborhood body shop to get it done and dried.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Chris,
Here ya' go... 22% discount on either. $273 for the lip, $312 for the wing. And remember, that's prepainted and ready (READY) to install.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/exac3.html

Old 02-07-2008, 07:21 AM

man!!! good call virgin!!!...

thanks homie!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Chris,
Here ya' go... 22% discount on either. $273 for the lip, $312 for the wing. And remember, that's prepainted and ready (READY) to install.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/exac3.html

That's awesome! Good enough to entice me to buy one if I was in the market for one.

Quick Reply: Spoiler...or No Spoiler?