Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

So I had to rent a car today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Default So I had to rent a car today...

...I had to pick up a rental truck in Austin and bring it to Waco... so... only way to get down there and keep my car available in Waco was to get a one-way rental to get me to Austin.

Question is... which one is the rental and which one is my car?!?!

haha

Both identical in every way (factory wise) except mine's a 5 speed and the rental was an automatic. Both were 2008 1/2 iSport sedans with the same color scheme in and out. The rental was 2 months older and had about 4000 more miles than mine.

Driving it made me happy I went with the 5 speed. The auto on it is not too bad but I can definitely see where my car has more pep to it. The bump shift stuff on it is retarded though.

Funny thing every time I got it in I kept jabbing the floor with my left foot searching for a clutch and found nothing, haha...

Old 12-31-2008, 12:37 AM
Default RE: So I had to rent a car today...

i assume the one with rear stickers lol

Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 AM

uhhhh yeah lol. not to mention the rental is a lot cleaner lol.

When i was at enterprise I was asking what all they had. I didn't want to go with a cheapo car because the company was taking care of it and I was having to spend time and go way out of my way unexpectedly for work in an effort to alleviate something the company screwed up with. I was seeing if they had any nice big sedans or anything but Waco in general didn't have much to offer. The guy was like, "I have a bunch of Cobalts, a Sentra, not much else, and nothing bigger until you get into a minivan or a truck." So I was like, "So what do the other locations have?" And he went, "Okay... this place has... Cobalt... Cobalt... Spectra... Sentra... Mazda3..." and I interrupted him and went, "I'll take that Mazda3!!" I hate driving Cobalts with a passion, not a huge fan of Sentras, and I'm not about to rent a damn Kia. So he gets the approval to grab it, come back, and I start laughing going, "Holy crap that's the same color as mine!" then I got in it and was like, "OMG it's all the same! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 AM

hmmm i had a rental mazda3 when my car got wrecked. then 2 days later i totalled the rental car :P. then i drove a gayolla wishing i still had the mazda three. do you kno what you notice when you drive an automatic after being used to a standard. you will stop at every light in neutral just cuz your tooo lazy to hold the brake lol. i noticed that soo much. and your foot will wanna hit the clutch everytime you switch gears in an automatic.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

hmmm i had a rental mazda3 when my car got wrecked. then 2 days later i totalled the rental car :P. then i drove a gayolla wishing i still had the mazda three. do you kno what you notice when you drive an automatic after being used to a standard. you will stop at every light in neutral just cuz your tooo lazy to hold the brake lol. i noticed that soo much. and your foot will wanna hit the clutch everytime you switch gears in an automatic.
Funny about the rental car being a 3 Jaimie. I had a 6 rental car and a day later I ended up having to switch to a "gayolla." Surprisingly enough, the 6 got better gas mileage AND it was the v6 model with the 6 speed auto-stick.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:12 AM

pffft thats unreal. i hated that gayolla. i wish i sent that one into the ditch and not the mazda3. at least the mazda3 had manumatic. but between the corolla and mazda3 i also drove a toyota camry. now im gonna say this.. that was the most comfertable ride i have ever driven. like wow i could have fallen asleep on those seats and it was peppy too. it went like snot. soo much fun. annnd more leg room then you would ever need. and this thing was looooooooaded. i miss the camry.. but at least i could smoke in the corolla lol