Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Shark Fin Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Default RE: Shark Fin Antenna

Pretty easy, just unscew the old antenna then inside the SharkFin is a wire with an eyelet and two screws, You'll only use the one screw that fits. Make sure you center the fin on your car and mark it, I used blue paint tape so I could put it back on the same spot. Remove the 3m adhesive tape backing and press into place. Remember you usually only get one shot at this so make sure you mark the position well. Good Luck. Oh btw the paint (Black Mica) matched perfectly.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: icspots

loud3, a couple of people on the mazda3forum did that. One person did it the way you did, however the other person cut a little notch in the roof (just enough for the wire to clear the antenna mount) and ran it up from underneath the main antenna. That way there are no visible wires at all.

I have since redone it to where there is no wire visable. I did not cut anything on the body of the car, however. I wouldn't EVER consider cutting the body of the vehicle. I just re-ran the Sir. Ant out of the factory ant. mount. No cutting, just a little more time.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone mounted the sat. antenna next to the factory antenna and ran the wire along with the fm antenna wire throught the headliner and out the stock antenna hole?and them mounted the shark fin over both?

Thanks

Old 04-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Rocket ronnie

I was wondering if anyone mounted the sat. antenna next to the factory antenna and ran the wire along with the fm antenna wire throught the headliner and out the stock antenna hole?and them mounted the shark fin over both?
Thanks
Look up. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Old 04-14-2007, 06:01 PM

Yes, it is actually that easy. Just clean the area, unscrew the old antenna, screw the new one on with the included screws then peel the adhesive backing off and then stick on. Just make sure you line it up with your car!

Old 04-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: loud3
I have since redone it to where there is no wire visable. I did not cut anything on the body of the car, however. I wouldn't EVER consider cutting the body of the vehicle. I just re-ran the Sir. Ant out of the factory ant. mount. No cutting, just a little more time.
Let me clarify. The people that cut a hole were actually cutting a notch at the back of the hole for the FM antenna mount so that the satellite antenna cable wouldn't be squished against a metal edge, and so the 'toothed' nut holding the mount on wouldn't chew into the antenna cable. The notch itself is still contained underneath the antenna mount, and in the event that you removed the sharkfin later it would be covered. Also if you were nervous about it leaking then you could just dab some silicone sealant and be golden.

Look HERE for a walkthrough and you'll see what I mean.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

icspots,
Hey Man, is thereANY Mazda forum that you are NOT on? [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]

/threadjack

Old 04-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: virgin1

icspots,
Hey Man, is thereANY Mazda forum that you are NOT on? [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]

/threadjack
Well I don't think I'm on the Rx7 forum.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 PM

does anyone know of a way to remove the shark fin antennae without ruining the finish on the car

the reception stinks, and I want to put back the original ugly stick. was much better even tho it was ugly

Quick Reply: Shark Fin Antenna