Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Default roof rack

Ok..guys...any ideas on roof racks that looks factory for our cars, I heard of Rola racks..but its based in Australia, but nothing here.

Thule and Yakimia looks too out of place, any other suggestions or any experience with Rola Racks?

Old 06-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Default RE: roof rack

I traded my mazda protoge5 in for a mazda3 5 door. I had 2 locking roof top, yakima racks on the protoge5 that were attached to the nice looking factory rack. I was hoping to transfer the whole thing or atleast the bike rack to the 3. I too had no luck finding a smooth looking roof rack to mount my roof top bike rack on.

So I bought a trunk mount rack and it looks pretty cool for a trunk mount. I bought the Saris Bones 3 Rack and it is a hard gray plastic and aluminum so it won't rust on your car. The graywhich looks good with my titanium 3. The arms that hold the bikes fold (really they pivot) towards the car when not in use and looks good folded up. The hatch still opens, but be careful closing it because the extra weight(which isn't much) will slam it shut. The only drawback is that you can't use the rear wiper because it will get stuck. My future solution is to by an inch or 2 shorter wiper blade.