Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Road Trip Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mark56
I put those same tires on my '07 when the RSA's wore out and was very happy. I didn't have the car too long after that so I can't say how the treadlife was going to be. They did drive tons better than the RSA's, agree with that.

My '10 has Yokohama Avid S34's and the road noise is awful. The car only has 2k miles and I am already disliking it so much that I am thinking about my next car. I hate to spend $$$ to swap tires on a brand new car but maybe I can get some $$ on the Yoko's.
I yanked the RS-As off of my 2009 after only 714 miles and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires and couldn't be happier. I then turned around and sold all four RS-As to a guy who's wife was a bit hard on tires. IIRC, I got a bit over half the price I paid for the Michelins for the RS-As. All in all I think it was a pretty good deal, doubly so as I now have 22,000 miles on the new tires and they aren't even half gone yet.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
I yanked the RS-As off of my 2009 after only 714 miles and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires and couldn't be happier. I then turned around and sold all four RS-As to a guy who's wife was a bit hard on tires. IIRC, I got a bit over half the price I paid for the Michelins for the RS-As. All in all I think it was a pretty good deal, doubly so as I now have 22,000 miles on the new tires and they aren't even half gone yet.
I'm totally confused. I went on one of the tire sites this weekend and started reading the user reviews of all the tires in the required size. One review would say that a tire was quiet and then the next one would say it was too noisy. So, I could go through the trouble and expense of swapping and end up with something no better or maybe worse.

I get tired of cars quickly, so I am just thinking of living with what I have for another year or so and getting something else. Since I replaced my '07 with the '10, the new car essentially drives the same as the old one so in a way it is almost like I didn't get a new car- easy to get bored that way. I'm weird- I know.............