Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Removing scratch - silver MS3

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Default Removing scratch - silver MS3

Cleaned my car this weekend and found a VERY small scratch on one of my doors. Think it may have been a rock. You can't even see it unless you look at it at a very small angle, but it is still there. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to try and get it out. My only concern is that I can feel it with my fingernail, leading me to believe that there is nothing I can do about it. Allready tried some rubbing compund and that didn't work. Car is silver. Thanks for any help.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Default RE: Removing scratch - silver MS3

If it's down then you can't rub it up-if you can feel it upwards you can buff it out...

If it makes you feel better my car came with a minor scratch on the chrome gas door-dealer replace...and a small surface scratch on the back bumper- I have yet to resolve this problem...

we can choose where we park are cars and control our own bodies-not the jerks around us-same is true with the environment...

there is a bright side-the 1st scratch is always the worst feeling..the anxiety usually decreases after that....2nd thing you got going for you....it's silver....it's not as bad as black car hell. None the less, I feel for ya-we all go down that road sooner or later

Good luck

Old 01-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Yeah, I know, at least this first scratch was an easy one and nothing big. On my last car the first thing I had happen to it was a few nicks on the hood from rocks and a huge scrape on the front bumper when I bottomed out pulling into a parking lot. It was a white car so the nicks were black where the paint had completely been removed and it stuck out like a sore thumb. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Oh I forgot to mention that Mazda mailed me touch up paint with my yellow 3 2004....I don't know if they will do the same again with these cars. Might be worth the inquiry.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:24 PM

my parent's Alero is the worst.....its Maroon paint, and its COVERED with small white dots, on the front and back...
and trust me....it stands out like a sore thumb....

Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 PM

What's wrong w/ touch-up paint? I bought my wife some for her Lincoln (made a nice stocking stuffer). It has two applicators - a brush and a pen. The pen works wicked good for filling in tiny scratches. I'm not sure if Mazda offers that or not. GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Anyone here ever tried Langka?

Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 AM

i think i read somewhere that you can buy those pen/brush combo touch up paints to match your car colour exactly...
may have been in like a Pep boys type shop in the states...
you just send them your paint colour and they make you a pen or something like it

Old 01-31-2007, 01:25 PM

Yah, i've got my 3 lowerd bout 1.2 inches (nothing major but gets rid of that huge fender/tire gap) and i've bottomed out the front a couple times and i've got a few major scratches on the front bumper. I dont think the touch up paint will help though but i'm not concerned all that much. It's hard to see n e ways unless u get down and look at it.Sides...I'm sure i'll bottom out again sometime so why bother lol with all the pot holes and speed bumps around here =/ o well. Hope the touch up paint/pen help ya man. I have used the dealer touch up paint on a small scratch by my passensger door and it worked a lot better than i was expecting. I have titanium grey paint by the way.