Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Recommended mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Default Recommended mods?

Hi guys,I just bought an 08 'speed3grand touring,and now that I have abetter car, Ihave been trying to improve my driving techniques in hopes of taking the car out on the track in the near future. I commute in this car every day so I would like to keep the mods simple andbolt-onso everything is street legal anddoesn't necessarily void the warranty, but I'd also like to improve performance. Here are the mods I'm considering, maybe you can give me suggestions why or why notto do these. Also, suggesstions for additional mods I haven't considered are appreciated.

-shift bushings upgrade
-throttle body ground
-blow-off valve
-CAI (should I use mazdaspeed or a 3rd party kit?)
-eventually an aftermarket exhaust

Old 10-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Recommended mods?

all the items you listed (except the mazdaspeed intake) are grounds for voided warranty. but even mazdaspeed has plenty of aftermarket parts taht won't void it.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM

Yeah I pretty much figured that. Oh well. Did you have to put in your CAI first for your BOV to fit?

Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 PM

well the BOV i have my eyes on will not fit with OEM air box still under the hood. with the mazdaspeed intake theres a whole lot of extra room.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM

Have you confirmed it will void the warranty, I was told it iwll not as long as the problem does not have to do with hydrolocking or anything like that...

Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM

thats right. it doesn't void any existing warranty, but if hydro-locking occurs, then they wont cover it. if you think about it, if they don't cover hydro-locking, there really isn't much of a warranty left on it....

Old 10-04-2007, 02:09 PM

basically from what ive read, the dealer has to be able to prove conclusively that the aftermarket part was directly responsible for the damage, or it has to be explicitly stated in the warranty that aftermarket parts void it.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, but they have to prove it to a MazdaUSA rep. Now, c'mon. Who's gonna win?
If you mod, you're gonna **** off somebody's warranty. Accept it, or DO NOT MOD.

I chose to accept it.I have faith in my car.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:34 PM

ru sure bout that virgin??? they'll prob void ur warranty cuz of the red emblems!! lol.. "wait a second, is that dirt on your tires? that voids your drivetrain warranty sir!"

Old 10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

If you're trying to convince me that there's a conspiracy between the car companies and the dealers, you don't have to. I'm already of that mindset. I used to work for dealers and know what can go on. And that was years ago. Things have only gotten worse in this fearsome & fear mongering society since the lawyers & politicians have gotten even more involved than they used to be.

And my emblem are much closer to burgundy or maroon, than bright red.

You don't know who you're messin' with, Boy!

j/k

Quick Reply: Recommended mods?