Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Pictures of your aftermarket shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, and thank you. It is a mouse pad that I attached to the side of the center console using the gray 3M tape to relieve stress on my right calf/knee.
So many people were complaining about the shape of the console in the early cars ('04-'06,) and I noticed it too when cornering hard, that I thought of this way to pad it and save my sore and tired leg, especially on long trips.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by virgin1

Yes, and thank you. It is a mouse pad that I attached to the side of the center console using the gray 3M tape to relieve stress on my right calf/knee.
So many people were complaining about the shape of the console in the early cars ('04-'06,) and I noticed it too when cornering hard, that I thought of this way to pad it and save my sore and tired leg, especially on long trips.

If you had an automatic you wouldn't have to worry about stress on the knees. HAHA Those manual transmissions are for the younger crowd. LOL

Old 10-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Oh well, if we are going to get nasty about it, if I had an automatic I wouldn't have to worry about going fast enough to worry about it either.
Need I say it? Touché.
Actually, Vince, its a fairly sharp corner that one tends to lean on when cornering hard. Hard plastic, sharp edge. This just softens the blow. It has nothing to do with what transmission you or I have.

Last edited by virgin1; 10-08-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Talking

Oh well, if we are going to get nasty about it, if I had an automatic I wouldn't have to worry about going fast enough to worry about it either.
Need I say it? Touché.
Actually, Vince, its a fairly sharp corner that one tends to lean on when cornering hard. Hard plastic, sharp edge. This just softens the blow. It has nothing to do with what transmission you or I have.
It's all in fun!!! I just had to put my two cents in, which by the way tends to back fire as you can see.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

I was just playin' along, Vince. No offense taken, as I hope none was given (intentionally.)

Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM

Here's my weighted TWM Performance .44 magnum shift **** with stainless steel finish and red bolt accents mounted on a TWM short-shifter. Like Rich said, it's very hot in the summer and cold in the winter but I still like it anyway! Pardon the filthy interior...

Name:  P1110016.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  212.3 KB

Old 10-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

I know that interior!! I recognize that screen name!!
'Found your way here from 247, huh?
Of course you also have a black car with black leather interior. You must be the glutton for punishment from Nebraska.
Oh, and BTW:

'My car is exactly like yours, only different.'

How ya' doin'!! Welcome aboard a smaller, but closer knit forum!!
Nice boots too. RPM?

Last edited by virgin1; 10-14-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 PM

I know that interior!! I recognize that screen name!!
'Found your way here from 247, huh?
Of course you also have a black car with black leather interior. You must be the glutton for punishment from Nebraska.
Oh, and BTW:

'My car is exactly like yours, only different.'

How ya' doin'!! Welcome aboard a smaller, but closer knit forum!!
Nice boots too. RPM?
LOL! That's the same kind of mindset I've had checking out the other Mazda forums out there: Hey! I've seen that avatar! I know that car! You really get around, Rich! You may remember my very first post on ANY Mazda forum? Something to do with painting brake calipers (calibers ), I believe?! Good to hear from you again!

And, yes, I didn't think deeply enough about it when I took a test drive 2 1/2 years ago in a little black Mazda 3 hatch and thought, "Wow! This car is so much fun to drive and look, it's got leather too!" Thank goodness for tinted windows and sun shades!! It's bad enough WITH them, I couldn't imagine what it would be like without!

I added my carry-over signature to my profile just after I posted, but this forum didn't add it to my post like the 247 forum would have done. Should be up there after this one. Thanks for rememberin' it!

And thanks for the comments on the boots! The shift-boot, e-brake boot, and armrest cover are from Redline Goods. Awesome products! Very, very, highly recommended! Totally customizable to anyone's preferences, for those whom are interested.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:28 AM

Very nice shift ****. How was yours installed? I just bought one from ebay. Looks nice and all but it's one of those that have 3 screws to install and I'm afraid that it might damage the threaded shaft after a while. Maybe I'll take a couple of pics after I install it.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

If you mean NTIMD8R's TWM, I can answer that. They are thread specific, which means that they screw on the same way as the OEM does.
Mine is a universal, which sadly means it has a smooth plastic bushing up inside to eliminate any slop and three set screws underneath the lower collar to keep it from moving.

Quick Reply: Pictures of your aftermarket shift knob