Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

PERFORMANCE CHIP

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Default RE: PERFORMANCE CHIP

well said.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 PM

i have an adc performance chip in the mail for a protege 98 ill let you know what i think they are full money back garenteed no matter what so ill see how it goes and they are dyno tested

Old 12-22-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by sonicrooster
i have an adc performance chip in the mail for a protege 98 ill let you know what i think they are full money back garenteed no matter what so ill see how it goes and they are dyno tested
The thing about these chips is that if the return any gains at all (immediately after installation), the OBD-II system will sense the new parameters and then readjust your engine to bring things pretty much back to where the were before you put the chip in. Do a before and after dyno run, and then perform another dyno run a month or so down the road and you'll most likely see the numbers back where they started.

Long story short, the only way to add meaningful power to your engine is to invest in a full forced induction system, and that is going to be a couple of thousand minimum assuming you can do the work yourself.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:16 PM

Dylan - you are not going to get any gains from a $30 item. I have the Hypertech unit and it overcomes the drag of the a/c. Without the a/c on you do feel a difference but if you want a big boost you need to sell your car and buy a Speed3.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Iv'e been attempting to research this because I've really been wanting to add a chip so long as it works so far from what i've seen and been told is that 1 it cant be a cheap chip because their rip offs it has to be fully ajustable 2 it has to be put on properly usually dyno to make sure everything is in sync otherwise there will probably backfire which isnt good and 3 there are different stage chips anything stage 2 and up from what I've seen usually requires an after market intake and can possibly be really dangerous for youre engine if it isnt set to fit, I've also seen that when looking to buy one that if the year and make as well as questions about you're car arent asked then youre being ripped off I bought a pretty expensive a pretty expensive aftermarket k@n intake that I can seriously see a difference with when i rev the engine you can really hear the thing suck air in like a champ so when I heard about the chip I got excited I'm just hoping it's not all a scam

Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by D Kraken
Iv'e been attempting to research this because I've really been wanting to add a chip so long as it works so far from what i've seen and been told is that 1 it cant be a cheap chip because their rip offs it has to be fully ajustable 2 it has to be put on properly usually dyno to make sure everything is in sync otherwise there will probably backfire which isnt good and 3 there are different stage chips anything stage 2 and up from what I've seen usually requires an after market intake and can possibly be really dangerous for youre engine if it isnt set to fit, I've also seen that when looking to buy one that if the year and make as well as questions about you're car arent asked then youre being ripped off I bought a pretty expensive a pretty expensive aftermarket k@n intake that I can seriously see a difference with when i rev the engine you can really hear the thing suck air in like a champ so when I heard about the chip I got excited I'm just hoping it's not all a scam
Uhhh, what?

Dude, sentences, paragraphs and punctuation are your friend; use them, please.

Long story short, for a normally aspirated engine with OBD-II controls, chips are a scam.

Old 08-02-2023, 03:40 PM

I recently bought a PCT Stage 1 FOR MY CX5. I installed it, but the data light never stayed on(all 3 lights should be on). PCT wanted me to troubleshoot it myself by installing it on a different car. But wait, I bought this specifically for my car? Was that a scam? When I ask for a replacement, they said they will send me a return label. Later PCT sends me a message that since I am not willing to troubleshoot it, I have to pay for the return label. And then when they receive it, they will test it. If they found it to be a defect, they will send me a new one free of charge. Why go to all this trouble? I decided to return it. PCT will probably charge me a 25% stocking fee. The best thing to do is not to buy from Performance Chip Tuning.

Old 08-02-2023, 05:47 PM

The answer not going to change from your first question about these today in this forum??
Performance Chip - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

This is unfortunate I hope you never need to use your Mazda powertrain Warranty now that you installed that junk in your new Mazda.
About the only thing you can do to rid of any trail is to have your ECU flashed or a Pass-through which will wipe the counters clean back to zero.

Other wise I highly recommend DO NOT REINSTALL that devise or anything like it.

If you must play with your ECU then get a complete kit and full access to your ECU for calibrating or installing provided calibrations (tunes) The better companies will have you first do a BACK_UP of your complete ECU . his way should you not want the ECU and the program you can upload your original ECU program EXACTLY where it was before you started to play with the ECU calibrations.
And if you ask it on another Mazda forum I am sure I will also respond with the same. There are very few that use the actual ECU calibrating kits offered and know how to use them on many platforms not just Mazda