Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Default Performance Chip

Anyone have information on performance chips for the 2018 Mazda6 (2.5L turbo)?

Thanks

Old 08-02-2023, 02:32 PM
Thumbs down Performance Chip Tuning on a CX5

I recently bought a PCT Stage 1. I installed it, but the data light never stayed on(all 3 lights should be on). PCT wanted me to troubleshoot it myself by installing it on a different car. But wait, I bought this specifically for my car? Was that a scam? When I ask for a replacement, they said they will send me a return label. Later PCT sends me a message that since I am not willing to troubleshoot it, I have to pay for the return label. And then when they receive it, they will test it. If they found it to be a defect, they will send me a new one free of charge. Why go to all this trouble? I decided to return it. PCT will probably charge me a 25% stocking fee. The best thing to do is not to buy from Performance Chip Tuning.

Old 08-02-2023, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by JWBoulder
Anyone have information on performance chips for the 2018 Mazda6 (2.5L turbo)?

Thanks
I do not recomend them unless the company offereing them will give the EXACT ECU changes that were made. And good luck with that.
Also that they guarantee it will not show in the ECU counter which could effect your warranty should you need to use it in a negative result. It called MODIFYING engine operating perimeters which will void your powertrain warranty.

Aside from that most all so called "CHIPS" do very little except change the timing and fueling enough that you feel a difference for your (wasted) money spent on them.

ASE
Certified EFI/ECU Performance Calibrator

Old 08-02-2023, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by raybee
I recently bought a PCT Stage 1. I installed it, but the data light never stayed on(all 3 lights should be on). PCT wanted me to troubleshoot it myself by installing it on a different car. But wait, I bought this specifically for my car? Was that a scam? When I ask for a replacement, they said they will send me a return label. Later PCT sends me a message that since I am not willing to troubleshoot it, I have to pay for the return label. And then when they receive it, they will test it. If they found it to be a defect, they will send me a new one free of charge. Why go to all this trouble? I decided to return it. PCT will probably charge me a 25% stocking fee. The best thing to do is not to buy from Performance Chip Tuning.
Welcome to the forum

This is unfortunate I hope you never need to use your Mazda powertrain Warranty now that you installed that junk in your new Mazda.
About the only thing you can do to rid of any trail is to have your ECU flashed or a Pass-through which will wipe the counters clean back to zero.

Other wise I highly recommend DO NOT REINSTALL that devise or anything like it.

If you must play with your ECU then get a complete kit and full access to your ECU for calibrating or installing provided calibrations (tunes) The better companies will have you first do a BACK_UP of your complete ECU . his way should you not want the ECU and the program you can upload your original ECU program EXACTLY where it was before you started to play with the ECU calibrations.