Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Pedals Pedals Pedals!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Pedals Pedals Pedals!

Plus, the newer 3"s have a metal clutch pedal too. The plastic one on mine was easy, but as you said, the brake pedal (metal) was the trouble maker and I had to "adjust" the holes, though just slightly. "Don"t want an off-centered pedal pad now do we?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the tips, now all we have to do is wait and see what Santa has on his sleigh!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 AM

I wish Santa would unload some Katskins leather for my F150 seats.

BTW, How grippy are those pedals Richard, since most of the summer I drive with Sandals or Barefoot, cause I sure ain"t letting my muddy work shoes in the front of the car.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Sandals, fine. Bare feet....? How thick are the caluses on the bottoms of your feet, Ken?
In short, I wouldn"t recommend a no-shoes situation with these.
The pedals have machined edges that are really, really nice and mine have yet to wear down at all. No need to pay for the optional rubber inserts... in fact from what I gather, rubber inserts would make them more likely to slip in wet or freezing weather.
These suckers are solid and give your brakes a more direct and solid feel. I noticed that the very first time I took the car out afterwards. Add some SS braided brake lines and you will have a very direct feeling brake pedal.
As I"ve said many, many times before, one of my first and absolute favorite Mods. If I had it to do over again, I would in a heartbeat.
LUV my PEDALS!!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

As I"ve said many, many times before, one of my first and absolute favorite Mods. If I had it to do over again, I would in a heartbeat.
LUV my PEDALS!!!!
Man, with an endorsement like that how could you not get a set. His absolute favorite Mod isa < $100 set of pedals that no one but him can experience.

Santa! Get move on!! We need some of them pedals down here in North Kerlina!!! (a little southern lingo for those of you north of the Mason Dixon)

Old 12-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

(Chinese broken English > > &gt You funny man. Very funny man,Man!!
These were on a group buy on 24/7 quite a while back.I don"t think they have repeated it since, though I did ask them to at one time. I even resurrected the thread.They said they would but to my knowledge never did.
These are beautifully machined, and the semi-"engine turned"finish (though they don"t reallylook likethat old time engine turned finish.It"s much better, imo.) seemed fitting to my car and appealed to my tastes. To me, they look much better than the matte finish everybody else had ordered. (BORING!!!)

BTW, Blk: Having the springs in your trunk will only reduce your fuel mileage. (See?I can be funny man too.)
I should talk though.I have been waiting to install the rest of my suspension for over a year now. [8D]But at least it"s inmy shop, not the trunk.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Richard, you don"t have a trunk

Old 12-13-2008, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

BTW, Blk: Having the springs in your trunk will only reduce your fuel mileage. (See?I can be funny man too.)
I should talk though.I have been waiting to install the rest of my suspension for over a year now. [8D]But at least it"s inmy shop, not the trunk.
That's it! And I thought it was winter fuel![8D]

The problem is that if I take them out of the trunk and put them in my shop (garage) wifey will notice them. I assure you, it is much less expensive to pay for the loss in fuel mileage than it would be to prematurely announce the arrival of a handling enhancement product for the 3. Virg, I assume you have been married for a while so you know what I mean when I say timing is everything especially now that I have officially requested the pedals from SC. Besides, its been too darn cold outside to mess with it anyway and I think I am going to need brakes in the not too distant future anyway. If not before. I would like to do it all at once. BTW - any recommendations on pads? I have been using Thermoquiets on all my other vehicles and have very good luck with those.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

Richard, you don"t have a trunk
I know that. And you know that.... [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=lol.gif]I have a "boot," and so do you....
Actually, as I was writing that I thought to say something like that, but, well, what can I say? [sm=lol.gif]

Old 12-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Blk03PSD

That's it! And I thought it was winter fuel![8D]

The problem is that if I take them out of the trunk and put them in my shop (garage) wifey will notice them. I assure you, it is much less expensive to pay for the loss in fuel mileage than it would be to prematurely announce the arrival of a handling enhancement product for the 3. Virg, I assume you have been married for a while so you know what I mean when I say timing is everything especially now that I have officially requested the pedals from SC. Besides, its been too darn cold outside to mess with it anyway and I think I am going to need brakes in the not too distant future anyway. If not before. I would like to do it all at once. BTW - any recommendations on pads? I have been using Thermoquiets on all my other vehicles and have very good luck with those.
Actually, about 8+ yrs only. I waited until I was 43 to marry, but believe me, I know completely and EXACTLY what you mean. My wife doesn't understand this car addiction thing either. But when it comes to spending money on her garden for tomatoes that will end up costing us more than three times to grow than to buy....
Does that example sound familiar to you too?
Why do you think I have not told the wifey about the 2 sets of HIDs I just ordered?

Quick Reply: Pedals Pedals Pedals!