Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Overdrive Alternator Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Default Overdrive Alternator Pulley

Does anyone know where I can find an overdrive pulley for the alternator for the 3 in my sig? My car idles ALOT (around 1-1 1/2 hours idling with accessories on) during my paper routes and the times where I do drive at a sufficient RPM doesnt amount too much, maybe 15 mins at most. Reason I am asking is it is getting close to winter time and I am using almost all my accessories now (blower on high speed max heat and with the A/C on same time, rear defrost on most of time, headlights, interior light, radio e.t.c.) and by the end of my routes my headlights flare to normal brightness when I drive either to the next stop, paper route or to go home, its even affecting my window up/down speed (I rev up the engine to speed up the windows LOL.........hmmmmm maybe that works on Windows 7?? ) The battery is not new and I probably will replace it this fall but even when it was only a year old (when I bought the car) it had this issue after a while of working. I am just getting sick of the fan going whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-WHOOOOSH and the lights flaring while driving. I will get info on which alternator I have when the car is back home tonight.

Thanks guys/gals!!