Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Newbie questions - removing battery duct and disconnecting TCM connector

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Question Newbie questions - removing battery duct and disconnecting TCM connector

What is the best/easiest way to remove the toggles that are securing the battery duct?

and

How the hell do I remove disconnect the TCM connector? I've located the clip, but can't seem to get the connector out.

Thank you for your help, in advance!

Old 04-19-2014, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Toggles? I remember having and removing the three plastic screw/clips and other mounting hardware on mine a long time ago, I barely remember? But to me they seemed unnecessary and to make a quick removal it more difficult. I later cut off and finished the edge of the flange and have had no issues with it since. The battery box and radiator bulkhead hold it just fine on their own.
As for the connector, I'm not sure what you mean by TCM (Turner Classic Movies?) but there is usually a tab on one side, a lock of sorts that needs to be lifted slightly while pulling the connectors apart.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:17 PM

Thanks, that helped! I called them toggles because I had no idea what I should call them. "plastic screws" would have been a much more recognizable term. so I had originally used a screwdriver but quickly realized they weren't coming out that way - makes sense that they are a bit unnecessary.

As for the other piece of my question - I'm trying to inspect the connector to the TCM (transmission control module). Found the tab, but still having a hard time getting it out. and I suppose my tiny woman hands aren't strong enough to get the thing out. I'll keep trying though. Thanks again!