Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Advice Requested / Maybe Stupid Question - Moving Vehicle *disconnecting battery*

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Default Advice Requested / Maybe Stupid Question - Moving Vehicle *disconnecting battery*

So this might be a stupid question but have searched around and haven't seen the answer anywhere. Thanks in advance for any thoughts / advice.

I've got a 2006 Mazda3 Sport GT and I'm moving her down to Texas from Canada.

It's going down inside a truck. Talking to the moving company, apparently they need to unplug the battery during the move. Between the time it gets packed up, clears customs, arrives down in Texas and I pick it up, she could be unplugged for 3 - 4 weeks.

1) Is there anything that should be done before it's unplugged? It's got the OEM security system (and the iPod adapter kit - though I doubt that matters). So I'm wondering if there is anything that should be done not to screw up the alarm or the engine immobilizer (and I guess the radio as well).

2) Similarly, when the battery gets reconnected a couple of weeks later, is there anything that needs to be done for the alarm, immobilizer or radio?

Thanks!!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Advice Requested / Maybe Stupid Question - Moving Vehicle *disconnecting battery*

Yourtripometer will reset, radio stations will be gone, though that should not be a problem, and clock will need resetting also. The immobilizer should take care of itself, but I am not familiar enough w/Mazda's security system to know how that will react. A call to your dealer's Service Departmentshould tell you.