Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

new and need advise

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Default new and need advise

just got a 05 mazda 3i and want to do some upgrades to it. i want to start with an cai looked into aem and injen but there really expensive any alternatives or suggestions? anybody know anything on a throttle body bypass kit?

Old 05-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Default RE: new and need advise

they're not that expensive....
they're only like, ~250cdn......
you can always get the ebay crap, but that stuff will probably throw the CEL....
i plan on getting a high quality intake in the near future....

oh, and welcome to the forum!!

Old 05-06-2007, 02:12 AM

sniper, any mod for a car is expensive. 250 is not bad for a mod considereing exhaust can be 400 or 600 and a turbo 4000.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 PM

yea after doing a little more research 250 aint that bad i've just heard that there both over priced. is there much difference in injen, aem, k&n and simota as far as hp gain?

Old 05-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

I saw a dyno chart somewhere that indicated that some a better in mid range than upper range power. while others are better @ high rpms thanmid. With anything mechanical, as in life, everything is a compromise, and ya' don't get sumin' for nutin'.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:00 AM

just found a f5 fujita for 170 any body herd of it?

Old 05-08-2007, 12:06 AM

Fujita is a reputable brand, but beware of great deals....There is a TON of counterfeit stuff floating around.

Try buying through a registered dealer for the brand you are looking for.

It helps to support those that are selling legitimate products, and ensures you get the real deal.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:43 PM

will a cai that was on a mazda 3i at fit on a manual ?

Old 05-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

I assume that you mean the CAI came from an atx ride? While not a definitive answer, probably. But I have seen some manuf's that distiguish between the auto and manual trans.
Best advice: Go to their website and do some research before you commit.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Here's mike chimming in again, beingslightly insightfull and mostly asking more questions. It's a tube, with a filter. Smooth on the inside and bent in one or two places. But still a tube with a filter. If you ask me the only difference between two would be how large the tube is ( how much air can move through it) and how restrictive the filter choice is. Once again, air flow. If it's possible to benifit from a certain amount of air flow as opposed to slightly more or slightly less, then yea you'd notice the diff between two brands and possibly two sizes. does that make sense? So i think it's possible to have less air flow in one be a lil better paired with a certain engine than one that has more air sitting there ready to be munched. On the flip side, Running unrestricted and bare to the air, is keen and what you'd do if you dyno'd the crank. SO how could a smaller one be better???

I'm now asking myself questions! This is really interesteing to me because i might get to learn how exactly this stuff effect the engine, the flow and all.

Other things, are where is the inlet placed? Is it the coolest spot? And, calm air is warm air.

Quick Reply: new and need advise