Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   new and need advise (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/new-need-advise-8169/)

sniper702805 05-05-2007 08:18 PM

new and need advise

just got a 05 mazda 3i and want to do some upgrades to it. i want to start with an cai looked into aem and injen but there really expensive any alternatives or suggestions? anybody know anything on a throttle body bypass kit?

dentinger 05-05-2007 08:52 PM

RE: new and need advise

they're not that expensive....
they're only like, ~250cdn......
you can always get the ebay crap, but that stuff will probably throw the CEL....
i plan on getting a high quality intake in the near future....

oh, and welcome to the forum!!:D

esloyer 05-06-2007 02:12 AM

sniper, any mod for a car is expensive. 250 is not bad for a mod considereing exhaust can be 400 or 600 and a turbo 4000.

sniper702805 05-07-2007 09:17 PM

yea after doing a little more research 250 aint that bad i've just heard that there both over priced. is there much difference in injen, aem, k&n and simota as far as hp gain?

virgin1 05-07-2007 10:29 PM

I saw a dyno chart somewhere that indicated that some a better in mid range than upper range power. while others are better @ high rpms thanmid. With anything mechanical, as in life, everything is a compromise, and ya' don't get sumin' for nutin'.

sniper702805 05-08-2007 12:00 AM

just found a f5 fujita for 170 any body herd of it?

sstlaure 05-08-2007 12:06 AM

Fujita is a reputable brand, but beware of great deals....There is a TON of counterfeit stuff floating around.

Try buying through a registered dealer for the brand you are looking for.

It helps to support those that are selling legitimate products, and ensures you get the real deal.

sniper702805 05-11-2007 08:43 PM

will a cai that was on a mazda 3i at fit on a manual ?

virgin1 05-12-2007 03:50 AM

I assume that you mean the CAI came from an atx ride? While not a definitive answer, probably. But I have seen some manuf's that distiguish between the auto and manual trans.
Best advice: Go to their website and do some research before you commit.

MikeMS3 05-12-2007 11:01 AM

Here's mike chimming in again, beingslightly insightfull and mostly asking more questions. It's a tube, with a filter. Smooth on the inside and bent in one or two places. But still a tube with a filter. If you ask me the only difference between two would be how large the tube is ( how much air can move through it) and how restrictive the filter choice is. Once again, air flow. If it's possible to benifit from a certain amount of air flow as opposed to slightly more or slightly less, then yea you'd notice the diff between two brands and possibly two sizes. does that make sense? So i think it's possible to have less air flow in one be a lil better paired with a certain engine than one that has more air sitting there ready to be munched. On the flip side, Running unrestricted and bare to the air, is keen and what you'd do if you dyno'd the crank. SO how could a smaller one be better???

I'm now asking myself questions! This is really interesteing to me because i might get to learn how exactly this stuff effect the engine, the flow and all.

Other things, are where is the inlet placed? Is it the coolest spot? And, calm air is warm air.