Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New Mazda 3, Would love some Advice :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Default New Mazda 3, Would love some Advice :)

Hey everyone,

well my name is joe you can see my introduction here. https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_77607/tm.htm

Well I just purchased a new 2008 Mazda 3 2.0L sedan and to be honest I know absolutely NOTHING about it lol.I was hoping you guys could help me answer a few questions.
Like what kind of Gas mileage you guys exp, and I read on here too a thread of people extremely upset with the mazda 3's mpg. Is there anything i should look out for or worry about down the road. the car has 170 miles on it atm lol I just bought it Saturday and it has 120 on it when I purchased it. Is this the recommended forum or are there others that I may check out, what websites would you guys suggest. esspecially when trying to get tips and hits on how to care for my new investment!!! cleaning interiors, engine care, what are some options for upgrades down the road lol. did I make a good purchase? I am a subaru veteran so I'm extremely aprehensive about buying a mazda that I know nothing about...but I couldn't touch a honda or and I hated driving the carolla S. so any advice or information is greatly appreciated, and if I need to search and troll a little more on these forums that's fine I don't mind hehe. Thanks in advance guys.

what are some common complaints or problems you guys have experienced, maybe something i should prepare for or try to take care of now haha. Or how you guys feel about your mazda 3s lol would love some feed back

thanks [8D]

Old 06-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Default RE: New Mazda 3, Would love some Advice :)

I would love to reply to you but i still can't!!..forum probs.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 PM

I took the time to gently groove in my engine (also a 2.0), I get very decent mileage, about 29 mpg doing city/freeway mix. Pure city (lots of red lights and stop signs),I run at about26, pure highway is mid-upper 30s.

Ibelieve gently grooving in the engine is very worth it. As in, keep the RPMs under 3500, speed under 65 mph, no peel out starts from a dead stop, no long trips at a constant speed. I did this until my ODO reached 1000.

Beefs would be, 1) Oil dipstick is hard to read, you have to let your car sit overnight to get a truly accurate reading,2) On my model, no variable intermittent wipers, 3) No trunk release on the keyfob.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:25 PM

I agree with Urbanman about being easy with the new motor, i go even futher to change the oil at the first 1k miles and at 8k change over to synthetic oil. Royal Purple