Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New here and need advice on which to buy please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Default RE: New here and need advice on which to buy please Help

i havent done it but ive heard of people doing it. and you can get a remote starter from another place. the dealership will make you pay out the *** just for that. go get that done at like autozone or canadian tire. depending on where you live lol. yea its off lease so thats a good price for off lease!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

i havent done it but ive heard of people doing it. and you can get a remote starter from another place. the dealership will make you pay out the *** just for that. go get that done at like autozone or canadian tire. depending on where you live lol. yea its off lease so thats a good price for off lease!
The thing with the remote start from the dealer is I don't have to pay for a key ($100) to go in the box under the dash and it would be covered by the warrenty...A good one (works when you are more than 20 feet away from the car) around here is about $400-$500 (that includes the cost of the key).

Is getting it off lease a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion??

Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 AM

a good thing. considering that it an 07 and its a HB and its 16k. GO FOR IT DUDE. you wont be dissapointed. it probably drove all highway. if that was city then i would be concerned but im pretty sure it isnt

Old 03-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: GM991
yes that's what I was told its off lease.
You are soooo right on the resale value 2 years is big!!
So you can get after market seat heaters for cloth seats??
What does that kit run? Have any of you guys installed it?

I def want to have them install the remote starter.
What should I pay for that from the dealer?

thanks
A google search should turn up some results for you. Here's one example. Generally they'll run about $75-120 per side.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: icspots

ORIGINAL: GM991
yes that's what I was told its off lease.
You are soooo right on the resale value 2 years is big!!
So you can get after market seat heaters for cloth seats??
What does that kit run? Have any of you guys installed it?

I def want to have them install the remote starter.
What should I pay for that from the dealer?

thanks
A google search should turn up some results for you. Here's one example. Generally they'll run about $75-120 per side.
thanks for the info..

Old 03-11-2008, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

a good thing. considering that it an 07 and its a HB and its 16k. GO FOR IT DUDE. you wont be dissapointed. it probably drove all highway. if that was city then i would be concerned but im pretty sure it isnt
Yes I believe its highway.
they car went back and forth to NY from Boston.

I got them down to $15,500 by the way....

Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

You might doa little better, but in general my advice is to.... BUY IT!!!! You aren't likely to be sorry.

Stay w/the Mazda remote start. AM's can be trouble in these new fangled, computer controlled, modern cars and other membershave already complained about difficulties w/AM's. If you must have it, save yourself the trouble, spend a little more and get the one that's CORRECTLY designed for the car.

Seat heaters? Do you really need them? By the time you get in, start the car, turn on the heaters, you're all ready ready to go, so why bother? Your *** will do that work for you... unless the temps in your area regularly drops below 0*F, in which case you're gonna be dressed for it anyway... aren't you? I honestly don't see the point?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

You might doa little better, but in general my advice is to.... BUY IT!!!! You aren't likely to be sorry.

Stay w/the Mazda remote start. AM's can be trouble in these new fangled, computer controlled, modern cars and other membershave already complained about difficulties w/AM's. If you must have it, save yourself the trouble, spend a little more and get the one that's CORRECTLY designed for the car.

Seat heaters? Do you really need them? By the time you get in, start the car, turn on the heaters, you're all ready ready to go, so why bother? Your *** will do that work for you... unless the temps in your area regularly drops below 0*F, in which case you're gonna be dressed for it anyway... aren't you? I honestly don't see the point?

LOL....LOL
Coming from a guy living in Texas...Yes up here in the northeast remote starter and heated seats are kind of nice when its 10-15 degrees out. I want to get the remote starter from the dealer so its covered under warrenty.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Ummm. 'Guess you missed the post where I said I spent nearly 38 yrs of my life in north-eastern Pa, huh? (I knew I'd getcha' w/that one.)

Hey!!! You been lookin' @ my profile???

Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

^^ Maybe he's stalking you.

Quick Reply: New here and need advice on which to buy please Help