Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Need help, 04 Mazda3 Trans slams in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 12:33 PM

We're experiencing the same exact issue. Getting a lean code and a solenoid a stuck. Replaced with cheap Chinese solenoids and at light hasn't reoccurred but there is a huge delay going into reverse sometimes not at all until trans has been warmed up. Mazda has no solenoids so I bought some from oriellies gonna swap out this afternoon. If anyone knows a solution please post.

Old 02-13-2022, 04:58 PM
tcl

Change the fluid and add the correct type and amount for starters. Try just a drain and fill if your scared about a flush. If it gets better, do it again. Cheap possible fix before having a transmission shop touch it.

Old 02-21-2022, 03:22 AM

The fact that your transmission is brown is a sign of neglect, it should be red. Flush your fluid. What I mean by that is just open up the bolt at the bottom of your transmission and empty what ever comes out (dont worry its only a small portion of fluid that comes out compared to whats actually in there. Buy a bottle of Lucas Transmission Fix and deduct that amount from the amount of Fluid you need to put back into your transmission. Then pray.

I stay away from Auto trans in old cars cause 99 percent of owners dont change their fluids so the transmissions wears out sooner than it should. I dont think mazda expected these cars to still be on the road after 20 odd years so thats why you are never told to change your transmission fluid. They need you to buy a new car not keep their old stock running. Use the car til it dies or get rid of it while you still can. Transmissions arent cheap to replace. The only best repair is to go to a dealer and ask for a remanufactured transmission and its not going to be cheap and probably cost more than the value of the car.

Or its a good candidate for an engine swap so you can put in a different transimssion anyway may as well have some fun with it.

Old 03-09-2022, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluebooger223
Soooo does anybody have an idea as to what the underlying problem might be or what a good step in the right direction would be? My mechanic also says flushes aren't necessarily the greatest idea BUT it may help clear the problem up.
Any update I just purchased a 04 Mazda 3 and it started doing this.