Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

My Mazda3 Grand Touring Died Today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Default My Mazda3 Grand Touring Died Today.

Just after I got off the work and drove 10min later....On the spur of the moment, Engine oil warning light, Power steering mulfunction light on......
and the very next engine stoped....and break didn't work.....I almost hit the car front of me....scared **** out of me.....
that's really pissed me off....It's been only two months from new. This isn't a normal problem at all.....It was dangerous really.
One of good thing is I was in the local road and my speed was just 15 mph...What if I was on the freeway!!!!!!

I wasted my whole evening for waiting to get an answer from "MAZDA ROADSIDE ASSISTANT"......the answer? "THEY DON"T KNOW"
Fxxx......

Old 10-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Default RE: My Mazda3 Grand Touring Died Today.

Mazda Roadside assistance is basically a towing company to avoid leaving you stranded, they don't troubleshoot the problem with your vehicle. (Just like any manufacturer's Roadside assistance programs). I'd suggest contacting your local dealer service department.

It sounds like the engine stalled. Once stalled, all accessories (power steering, power brakes, etc.) will not work as intended (all cars are designed in this manner) The pumps which act as the power assist are driven off of the serpentine belt, once the belt stops turning, the pumps stop pumping and you are basically reduced to manual steering brakes (plus you are working against a stalled pump in the system)

Old 10-13-2006, 05:13 AM

Thanks for your advice....but I wasn't waiting for the answer about the car problem....
I was trying to reach the Mazda Roadside Assitant person who can
send me a tow truck. They kept giving me a bunch of different phone numbers and
It seems they don't know what they are doing!!! Finally I got a tow truck and he said
"I can't tow your car to the dealer today because it's too late then I can't come back in time"
He left me on the street in the middle of night so I just park the car to the sideroad....
So my poor baby just sit there without any care. Poor thing.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:35 PM

i know a guy with a 3 sedan that had his engine die, is yours a sedan?

Old 10-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Lots of things could have caused that, among them: serpentine belt breaking, a pulley coming off something that the serp. belt was attached to (defect, something hit it, etc.), some component attached to one of those pulleys froze which caused the belt to break.

As for things not working........ like he said, if your engine isn't working then power brakes/steering don't work either. It's not that your brakes didn't work, only that you were doing all the work for them. I suppose it helps to have ever driven a car that didn't have power brakes/steering, but most new driver's now a days haven't.

Let us know what the problem is once you find out. Oh, and complain about the whole not getting in touch with roadside assistance thing. That's why I have AAA plus.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:16 AM

bil1986...Mine is 5door hatchback...
I got back my car yesterday from the dealer. I couldn't believe when I heard what dealer said.
He said there wasn't enough transmission oil and there is no leak and nothing wrong.
Come on, I check the transmission fluid a week before the engine stalled.
I think they don't know what the problem is or not telling me the truth.
What do you guys think?

What if that kind of thing happen again, what shoud I do?