Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

My Mazda3; she's bent and broke...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 12:01 PM

Yup, got it back as per Post #17.

All is well except there seems to be a bit of a new vibration when on a rough road; I suspect the newly relpaced body pan under the engine.

Pics? What are those?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shipo
Pics? What are those?

Oh.... YOU!!!!
You never post pics. Why?
You said you just got a fancy new iphone and they ALL have some kinda' camera in them these days.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Oh.... YOU!!!!
You never post pics. Why?
You said you just got a fancy new iphone and they ALL have some kinda' camera in them these days.

Me? iPhone? Perish the thought; no, I got a BlackBerry.

Funny thing; right bang about the time I wrote the above post my car was getting "banged" yet again. This time my son was stopped in traffic and a Ford F-150 approaching from behind lost its brakes; hit my Mazda3 hard enough to push it forward into the Audi the next car up.

It looks like the rear bumper skin (and possibly the goodies underneath) needs replacing, the front skin will probably need repainting and the license plate mount will need replacing. Oy vey!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

It "sounds" like your son is. or has BAD LUCK!! Perhaps you should just bite the bullet and buy him a junker to wreck and repair while he learns the finer points of driving.

But I am sorry, Dale.

And... WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!???

Old 07-30-2011, 06:31 PM

It "sounds" like your son is. or has BAD LUCK!! Perhaps you should just bite the bullet and buy him a junker to wreck and repair while he learns the finer points of driving.

But I am sorry, Dale.

And... WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!???

Having been there, done that, got the tee-shift, I'm trying to figure out which finer point of driving will prevent one from being rear-ended when one is sitting in traffic; my own situation like that came while I was driving an "Exploding Pinto" which got slammed by a large Buick and run up the back of a 911. Ouch; at least I got the phone number of the blonde driving the Porsche.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

It's called luck, and your son ain't havin' any of it when he's behind the wheel of YOUR car.
He wasn't actually IN the car when he wrecked it the last time either, but it was in his possession... his responsibility.

I hope you married that woman. I'd get married if it meant I'd inherit a Porsche 911.
I've been crazy about those cars sine the late '60's... never driven one though...

Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 PM

It's called luck, and your son ain't havin' any of it when he's behind the wheel of YOUR car.
He wasn't actually IN the car when he wrecked it the last time either, but it was in his possession... his responsibility.

I hope you married that woman. I'd get married if it meant I'd inherit a Porsche 911.
I've been crazy about those cars sine the late '60's... never driven one though...
Nope, she was seriously G.U., I lived in Chicago at the time (the Pinto was a "company car" from our H.Q. in Cupertino), and she lived in Mill Valley (home to B. J. Hunnicut).