Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Which Model do I have???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Default Which Model do I have???

Whats good y'all? I just bought a Mazda 3 back in September of last year form some used dealership in Queens, NY. I love the car, it fits its purpose but I have no idea which model I have. I dont know if its an iSport, an S, or whateva, i just know its not a Mazdaspeed. I have a 4 door with basic features no fogs, and its temporarily an automatic. I just called up the Mazda Service center near me and he says that I have an S... but he didnt really know what he was talking about so I have no confidence in him. He says that the S is a 2.0 and yet in every forum i go to, and in every CARandDriver or MotorTrend review I've read says the S only comes in a 2.3. How the hell do I figure out what it is that I have?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by civickilla
Whats good y'all? I just bought a Mazda 3 back in September of last year form some used dealership in Queens, NY. I love the car, it fits its purpose but I have no idea which model I have. I dont know if its an iSport, an S, or whateva, i just know its not a Mazdaspeed. I have a 4 door with basic features no fogs, and its temporarily an automatic. I just called up the Mazda Service center near me and he says that I have an S... but he didnt really know what he was talking about so I have no confidence in him. He says that the S is a 2.0 and yet in every forum i go to, and in every CARandDriver or MotorTrend review I've read says the S only comes in a 2.3. How the hell do I figure out what it is that I have?
Per my 2009 Mazda3 Brochure, my guess is that you have what is known as the "Mazda3 i 4-Door Sport". Again, per the Brochure, there were five trim levels for the non-MazdaSpeed3 models:

1) Mazda3 i 4-Door Sport (basic model with 15" steel wheels, crank windows, and optional A/C)
2) Mazda3 i 4-Door Touring Value Edition (adds 17" alloy wheels, A/C, power windows and locks, cruise control, fog lights, upgraded audio system, and a few other goodies)
3) Mazda3 s 4- & 5-Door Sport (pretty much the same as #2 with the addition of the 2.3 liter motor and better instrument lighting)
4) Mazda3 s 4- & 5-Door Touring (same as #3 with the addition of skid control and traction control)
5) Mazda3 s 4- & 5-Door Grand Touring (the full zoot version of the Mazda3)

I hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Old 01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Lev

First off, that dealer must not sell a lot of cars, because he knows jack about about them. The i model is the 2.0 liter engine, and the s is the 2.3 liter engine. The 2010 now has a 2.5 liter that replaced the 2.3. Since you do not have fog lights, you have an i model. The s model comes standard with fog lights. As for the trim, you will have to find out the year. I too live in NY. You can easily find the year of the car on the registration sticker on the windshield. The 04-05 models only had an i and an s. Starting in 06, you start seeing the touring and grand touring trim lines. In 07, there was a refresh of the 3. Slight aesthetic changes were made. The trims also started to come with more features. If you tell us what year the car is, we can further help you. So far, for sure, you have an i model.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 PM

if u have auto windows and rims instead of hubcaps, i think u have a 07 I Touring.